Tahoe 2010 LTZ OEM Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galactic23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought OEM Struts on Rock Auto GM GENUINE 19420493 that match with my RPO codes 6B4 & 7B4 for my 2010 Tahoe LTZ, two months ago and they already have gone bad. Both the struts have started leaking oil and I'm not to sure what might be the cause. After the install of the struts I always got this message on my dash "Service Suspension System" when starting the truck. I've started the warranty return with RockAuto to get them replaced, but I would like some feedback if by chance both struts were defective or does the message in my dash would be an indicator that something caused them to go bad this soon?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sometimes the electric connection at the top of the shock is wonky but normally your code would stay on. As for the leak unfortunately some parts are bad out of the box. There are other makers like Arnott that make them and have lifetime warranty.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

It is very unusual to have 2 shocks fail prematurely at the same time. There is nothing that I can think of that would have caused the failure other than simply defective shocks. I'd recommend replacing them and still stick with GM OEM parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmartin75