Tahoe Cabin Filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJgunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the 2010 LTZ have a cabin filter? If so how often should it be changed. thanks

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they don't.

Tahoe (likely all the cousins too) have never had them. Not sure if they were fitted before '07 though.

Best thing to do is turn the AC off before reaching your destination and letting the blower dry out the condenser a bit.

zzpw3x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The a/c heater duct assembly under the dash has not changed in many years. The c/k platform had air cabin filters in the previous model, but in the 2007+ models, the cutout for the filters was molded shut. With a small saw, you can cut it out, and add the filters and then use a thin piece of wood to hold it all in (like a large paint stick).

Take of the lower dash molding under the passenger side of the dash, and you will quickly see where the filters used to go. I've done this, and it works well.

Trailblazers have the same heater assembly, and they have been doing this upgrade for a long time-

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=84367

Dale

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shame on GM for cheaping out on the removal of dust filters. That crap floats all over the inside of Tahoes. Here's one of the reasons dust filters should be installed by GM, rather than the customer, from Lubbock, TX a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMswudOEIH8

How about that FedEx jet? :mfr_omg:

Dam and I though I had been through a bad one.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
The a/c heater duct assembly under the dash has not changed in many years. The c/k platform had air cabin filters in the previous model, but in the 2007+ models, the cutout for the filters was molded shut. With a small saw, you can cut it out, and add the filters and then use a thin piece of wood to hold it all in (like a large paint stick).

Take of the lower dash molding under the passenger side of the dash, and you will quickly see where the filters used to go. I've done this, and it works well.

I see exactly where the cut needs to be made. The goofs at GM could have just left the slot unblocked and could have told the customer if they want to put two filters in the slot, they could do so on their own dime. How so many stupid people get into management is beyond me. :think:

Two questions, since I'm quite perturbed -- AGAIN -- at GM for being so cheap as to allow dirt to float all over the interior of the Tahoe! One, what year Tahoe or whatever did you do the modification on? And two, exactly which filters did you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsiahR13