Tahoe Constraints Update - 2/10/22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstarplayer21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ummm, anybody else going to tell him? word on the street/web is that rear media is a no go. at least a no go anytime soon
Yea I had to drop the rear media option , my dealer said it’s a no go this year . Now I’m getting my Tahoe sometime this month

poblack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just put a deposit on a SLT with pano. Dealer has it showing in 3400 - Broadcast. No TPW though which seems odd. Any idea what that means?
Make sure the dealer isn’t confusing you with another customer. This seems odd

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
Don't rely on GM chat as you can get a different answer every time you chat with them! They will tell you wait while they look it up, then go chat with some other customer and then tell you whatever they fell like telling you. Monday I was told TPW 2/14/2022 Wednesday I was told GM accepted (2000), yesterday was told "moving to production no TPW yet" but code was 3300! Dealer confirmed TPW 2/14/2022
2022 Yukon SLT 4WD with Max Tow & Luxury Package 2nd row bench
What’s a better option?

poblack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My TPW is this week 2/14. When should I follow up to see if my Tahoe was produced? I’m assuming it may take a few days for the system to update the status

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have my Yukon TPW 2/14 and have confirmed my order has been "broadcast" to production. Dealer says they will know next Monday.

suburbansince87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Denali Black package (RPO code RGF) and 22" wheels with Carbon Flash (RPO code SIY) seem gone from the site right now.

Does anyone know if that's a new constraint or are they just done??

I started a thread on this but looks like the mods deleted/disapproved it and it's gone forever (???)

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether rear emergency braking is eligible for retrofit? Some have said on here that it is but my dealership notes that since it's on the constraint list (while other retrofit features like heated seats are NOT on the list), this would indicate it is not eligible for retrofit.

Anyone with a solid explanation or source?

Ordered a premiere diesel in December that I'm hoping will come off constraint in March (and allocation stars will align) but I fear max trailering, sunroof, and now rear emergency brakes (part of luxury package) may keep it out of reach. For ~$80k, a $50 credit with no retrofit may make me hesitate to take delivery given its arrival in ~July will only be a few months shy of 2023 model year.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell, they are only giving credits (with later retrofit) on options that are standard to a trim level. For example, on LS trim, front and rear parking sensors are standard equipment so there's a $50 credit with later retrofit. On LT trim, heated steering wheel is standard and has a $25 credit with later retrofit. I'm sure there's others, but those are the two trim levels I've been studying the most. The note about retrofit is included on the window sticker.

If the feature is optional equipment and there's limited availability, then the option is added to the constraint list and up to allocations. They won't build the vehicle if it's not given an allocation for that option.

Either you wait until your dealer gets an allocation for all of those options, or you start changing your order so it can go through and not be held up by constraints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut