Tahoe PPV (police package)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty 30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:wtf:Seriously, hah?
You'd be better off buying 4wd model.

Just wondering. I'd do a 4L80E/AWD conversion if possible. Just not sure if the 4wd models share the same frame.

BTW, does anyone else's PPV come with a G80 posi unit? I learned quickly that mine doesn't.

I'm new to the GMT900 platform.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different frames.

I'd do an 80e conversion regardless.

Not sure if the 1500 models, even PPVs came with them. I think its just the plain old 10 bolt.

HERD546

Reaction score
I am planning on putting a Eaton Detroit Tru Trac to my 09 come spring. I am also thinking about going to a 3:42 from the 3:73 that my truck came with. I am not sure if it will change the gas mileage or not.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a Tru Trac in mine, love it. I've had them in the last 4 vehicles.
You'll probably see some improvement in MPGs with swapping gears, not sure how much though. I have been debating about doing the same thing.

HERD546

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I took a tour at Lingenfelter Performance and they offer some upgrades to the Tahoe and other chevy trucks.. They are located just south of Fort Wayne Indiana.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:wtf:Seriously, hah?
You'd be better off buying 4wd model.

Definitely. That's a lot of work for something you can buy already done, relatively cheaply. I know of a member on this list with a SSV who's contemplating selling it. He might be interested in a trade, although his SSV is _very_ clean.

gn7p71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It would be cool to get a detailed picture setup of the dual battery on a true ppv.

Someday I will put in a second battery in my PPV and post a pic of it...in the meantime, there is a factory tray for the second battery on all PPVs from the factory, even if the second battery option is not ordered. I have a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500 as a work truck which also has an extra tray for a second battery despite having been ordered without the dual battery option

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Does anyone know if the 2wd PPV Tahoe can be converted to a 4wd?

Your dream truck will be available in 2015...a Tahoe PPV 4WD

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someday I will put in a second battery in my PPV and post a pic of it...in the meantime, there is a factory tray for the second battery on all PPVs from the factory, even if the second battery option is not ordered. I have a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500 as a work truck which also has an extra tray for a second battery despite having been ordered without the dual battery option

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Your dream truck will be available in 2015...a Tahoe PPV 4WD

Not detailed images, but Cop Cars online:

http://www.copcarsonline.com/2008_Chevrolet_Tahoe_LARGO_FL_235160832.veh

Have a dark blue '08 PPV with dual batteries. You can see how some of it is setup there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89