Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some other members who know where to get the 25W ballasts, I just don't know cause I've never used them.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who has run them on a regular basis that hasn't melted their housings.

gfunko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@soulsea, what are your thoughts on the LED bulbs that they sell on amazon, ebay, etc? I know I read somewhere on this forum that they are only good for emitting light but aren't engineered to project light? I had considered getting those as replacement for my fog lights for my nnbs Tahoe but after reading this thread and the previous statement, I am reconsidering and just leaving everything stock till I decide to jump on the retrofit wagon.

madmanhiker

Reaction score
whew... it took a while to read all of this and follow the links, but I have learned a ton. Very comprehensive, probably the most detailed explanation in one location I have ever come across! Thanks, this helped clear up a lot of confusion I had about the subject.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to get a set of retro-fit headlights for my 2008 Yukon, but not sure where I should be looking.

madmanhiker

Reaction score
I would like to get a set of retro-fit headlights for my 2008 Yukon, but not sure where I should be looking.

Yes, Serge is spot on, and what I am getting is exactly what you are looking for. It costs a little more, but you will get professional optics and performance. The best part: It's a turn-key solution. They send you brand new complete headlights PnP. >>> which allows you to sell your OEM headlights you currently have to help recoup what you spend on the new ones. Quid pro Quo

This is what mine will look like (Yukon Denali housings):
yukon_denali_installed%20%286%29.jpg

11_denali_chrome_halo%20%283%29.jpg

Tell JB that I sent you.

--------------------------

For a regular Yukon (non-Denali) this is what BFC would build:
yukon_denali_gatling_led_projectors%20%284%29.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Robert, make sure you tell JB to use the same headlamps as the first pic above not the second. The one on top is a Denali headlamp the one on the bottom is regular Yukon headlamp ... the difference is the inside finish and the amber reflector style.

Conversely Scott has to get the one on the bottom.

That's of course if you want to stay consistent with you respective OEM setups, you can always use the other style if that's your preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968