The accident at 2am this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always get the police report no matter how minor. If they don't want to deal with insurance you can decide that later. If they flake on you though, the police report is the only leg you'll have to stand on.

This guy is speaking the truth. AMEN.

Antonio

OP
OP
skaffy03

skaffy03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I've given my statement to my insurance along with his company, however, he is refusing to call them or answer the phone for his insurance. They will not give the go-ahead to the body shop to fix anything until they have his statement.... I'm kinda dead in the water...

Thank God my dad let me borrow his car (which happens to be my first car that I sold to him :p)

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks. At least the damage is not too bad

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Well when I got hit by the guy running the red light driving to work about a year ago. That guy didn't answer the insurance company.

So what I did was I called 2x a day till they gave me the answers I needed. I found 9:30am and 3:30pm worked best.

Remember insurance companies hate to pay out. They would prefer you to file with your own company first and then they settle with your company later. Now this may be your best bet as it has been 10 days. And easy week plus at a shop. To get you on the road you may want to file with your company and your deductible will not be due till the work is all done. Now this said gives you about a 2 week or so buffer to call and pester the other insurance company. Most likely they will handle clone and you don't even have to front your deductible..

Another miter to remember ins companies default is to not pay not pay not pay till 100% evident. This said there denial policies you simply have to stay on top of them they are not gonna work for you you have to pester them till they do something.. I bet I made 30 phone calls but if that's what it takes ill do it.

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always tell my clients to come to me if they have been in an accident, no matter who was at fault. I call whatever insurance company is involved and file a claim for them to get the process started. If the company is dragging their feet and waiting to get a statement from their client, I just call them back and politely tell them that it is ok if they want to take their time. But in the meantime, they will be paying for the daily storage fee on my clients wrecked vehicle and they will be paying for whatever rental my client is driving.

OP
OP
skaffy03

skaffy03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think my insurance company is being aggressive. They're calling the shop over and over until they get the estimate. So far it's at $5,273.42....

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ouch 5k? You can do a whole esky front end swap with 5k lol. Hope the send ya a check and you do what you like. I would get the esky swap if they give ya money

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never agree to bypass the Ins. It will only cause problems if he decides to flake out. Let your Ins Co handle it, this is why we pay Ins for in the first place. Never give the other driver a chance to sober up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ela2q