The 'Hoe needed a Tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyhatts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I decided to try my hand at some engine work today. I have never attempted working on my vehicles engines before. So it was a big step. My hoe has 199,950 kms on her and I thought it was time she had a good over haul before it cracked 200,000.
I stopped Friday afternoon and picked up 6qts Royal purple 5W30, oil filter, plugs, wires, Volant power core CAI, 3qts 75W90 for the rear end, and a fuel filter.
After work today, I took it in and had the trans fluid flushed and filled. I bought the truck about 500 kms ago and I think I was the first one to service the tranny. From there I took it home and got to work on the tasks at hand.
I decided to install the CAI first... I figured it was the easiest so I would get it done and out of the way. It went out fairly easy and turned out pretty good. Im still have to see what all the hype is about... but hey, it looks great. Once I got that out of the way, I got onto the plugs and wires. Seeing as I know as much about working on engines as I do about woman. I thought I was in for a long day. BUT, I was pretty surprised with how "easy" it was. I got the rear passenger plug out of the way first. Once that was done, it was smooth sailing.
While I was working away, the Wife was busy doing a full interior job on the Hoe. It was much needed and turned out GREAT!!

Engine Oil/Filter, Rear end oil, Fuel filter and a buff/wax is on the agenda for tomorrow and then the How should be good for the next year.... hopefully !

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean the throttle body, too.

OP
OP
T

tyhatts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I installed the CAI... the intake tube was rubbing against the fan shroud for the Rad. Is there anything I can do to fix that ? aside from cutting the shroud ? Or is it fine like that ?

gbert06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
plugs

NGK spark plugs, also they didnt look properly gapped?? Hope you went back with the original ac delco iridiums. By the way you have a very clean engine bay!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968