The KidWagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is also something I considered. If the factory arms with the lowering components maintained proper pinion angle, then, wouldn't just lengthening all four arms the same amount still maintain that angle while pushing the axle back? If so, this would eliminate the need for the adjustable aspect altogether. Arms could be made really easily and cheaply.

That’s what I was thinking. I’ve had no vibration issues. Only thing that’s happened to my truck driveline wise is my trans has a slow drip now, probably from the driveshaft being stuffed into the trans and messing up the seal

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Got myself a free claybar job today!

While at work, some idiot contractor decided to paint the light poles on a windy day, blowing overspray on 300+ cars.

A company called National Overspray Removal reached out to me, as they were contracted by Boeing to have the problem rectified! I figured, the worst that happens is I get a free car wash and I STILL need to buff it.

Turned out better than I expected, and be even laid 2 coats of wax on it. I told them not to touch the wheels.
IMG_5731.jpeg
IMG_5730.jpeg
IMG_5729.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got myself a free claybar job today!

While at work, some idiot contractor decided to paint the light poles on a windy day, blowing overspray on 300+ cars.

A company called National Overspray Removal reached out to me, as they were contracted by Boeing to have the problem rectified! I figured, the worst that happens is I get a free car wash and I STILL need to buff it.

Turned out better than I expected, and be even laid 2 coats of wax on it. I told them not to touch the wheels.
View attachment 412016
View attachment 412017
View attachment 412018

Makes the rotors look like chit lol.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @iamdub I don't mind sharing. As long as, well, you know....:drool:

He does this special thing @KidWgn

You have to experience it to believe it, and who are we (@randeez) to keep that all to ourselves
i thought we were keeping it to ourselves, wtf
also just found out this guy's got a wife he been cheatin on me with

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
You obviously drove the truck before you put the drop on it.. Any noticeable difference in the ride?

Looks good!

So, I'm one of the lucky few who had a fully functioning air setup. There's a MAJOR dip in the offramp to get to my house, probably 4-5" deep and about 4-foot from front to rear. With the factory suspension I could hit it at 80 and all you felt was a slight bump.

Without the air stuff, you definitely feel the bounce. I'll update again when I get the Viking stuff installed, as I'm sure it's going to make a WORLD of difference over the factory struts without the air.
Well, I promised you an update when I got the viking stuff installed.

I'm REALLY impressed with the ride quality of the fronts (the more important axle). They ride a lot like the OE air ride in that there is compression, but not an overstroke of rebound causing that bouncy feeling.

It's definitely stiffer, but it's not springy, nor bouncy. I'm very happy with the outcome.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't roach the joints so much as it'll cause a vibration...hold on i just watched a really cool video about this.

:supergay:

Cool video! I've seen animated vids and them describing the varying speeds. But hearing it drives it home.

With the age of mine and all the hard throttle and high RPM they've experienced with 30K of that in it's current lowered status, my joints would be all kinds of clicky and hummy if the angles were bad. I'd say GM did a good job with the design of the 4-link and DJM did equally as well with the trailing arm relocator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3