The KidWagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I knew you had pics! You called my bluff. Good job! Daytona jack FTW. Homer bucket FTW. Damn that thing is clean. Now the rotors REALLY look like chit. >wink<
That’s why I paid what I did for this one. It’s SUPER clean. I actually just took those pics when I posted them, just for you :cheers:

I freakin love this low-profile long-reach. Worth every penny.

That, sir, is a Harbor Freight bucket

I KNOW, OKAY :boxed:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m late to the reply but for purposes already stated. I always thought it was just for wheel clearance. Didn’t know about not being able to adjust them
i dont think i really spun the entire bar either tbh, but i back that heim joint out a few turns so i wasnt making all of the adjustment with the threaded rod coupler side

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s why I paid what I did for this one. It’s SUPER clean. I actually just took those pics when I posted them, just for you :cheers:

I freakin love this low-profile long-reach. Worth every penny.

That, sir, is a Harbor Freight bucket

I KNOW, OKAY :boxed:

Well you did right attacking the driver's side "free travel mod" first. That's the worst side, other side should be easier from what I have read.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Well you did right attacking the driver's side "free travel mod" first. That's the worst side, other side should be easier from what I have read.
The driver side was exponentially more difficult than the passenger side, because of the damn gas tank. I got around it by using a 40” pry bar and a 7” cutoff disk, but it was still a bear trying to not cut into the tank. I still nicked it with the cutoff wheel, you can probably see it if you zoom in.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
i dont think i really spun the entire bar either tbh, but i back that heim joint out a few turns so i wasnt making all of the adjustment with the threaded rod coupler side
I did the same; I adjusted it so that each section was in its “middle” when seated currently. I’ll finish adjusting tomorrow, and I have another alignment scheduled for Tuesday morning for the front control arms.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver side was exponentially more difficult than the passenger side, because of the damn gas tank. I got around it by using a 40” pry bar and a 7” cutoff disk, but it was still a bear trying to not cut into the tank. I still nicked it with the cutoff wheel, you can probably see it if you zoom in.

This is mostly how I did mine. 4" death disc on the outer wall and front and back side walls. Then a recip saw reaching through the front cut slot to cut the back wall as far as I could go. Then pried it down with a wrecking bar to score the back wall from the inside-out. Worked it back and forth a few times to break it off. Cleaned it with a flap disc.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
This is mostly how I did mine. 4" death disc on the outer wall and front and back side walls. Then a recip saw reaching through the front cut slot to cut the back wall as far as I could go. Then pried it down with a wrecking bar to score the back wall from the inside-out. Worked it back and forth a few times to break it off. Cleaned it with a flap disc.
Yup! 4” diamond cutting wheel for the outboard and sides, then sliced it up the middle. Used a 40” pry bar to pull the whole thing down then switched to a 7” diamond cutting wheel and let ‘er eat!

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Here I was in the middle of cutting. You can see where I chopped it up the center to allow it to bend downward.
IMG_5759.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065