There are just some days I wish I didn't turn wrenches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, I did not think the day would come but I cannot even get the caliper mounting bracket bolts loose. I had a 3+ foot breaker bar on a 21mm 6 point shallow impact socket and all it did was flex about 8" to 10". I am not set up to apply heat and here in Oregon, this is the first time I have ran in to frozen bolts like this. I told the customer no charge for the work yesterday and today and I am calling a trusted shop I know that will allow customer parts and they will take on the job.

This really pisses me off that I could not break the bolts/pins loose. If I had heat, I figure, no problem.

Plus, my 3 ton hydraulic floor jack lifted at the rear diff to set on 3 ton stands on the axle, on each side of the big diff. Then when I went to take them down, the floor jack gave up the ghost and was bypassing and could not lift the rear off the stands. Thankfully is a 4x4 truck. I put it in 4x4 and idled in gear forward and very slowly rolled forward and laid the stands down on their sides. No damage at all, except to the floor jack.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a 3 ton ARCAN floor jack at Amazon and is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but I have been wanting a second floor jack anyway. I decided to remove the ram out of the 1.5 year old Pittsburgh 3 ton Racing Rapid pump aluminum floor jack and as soon as I started to tear it down, I found the problem immediately. One of the pistons is collapsed. Likely have an o-ring let go inside the ram housing and now will not let the piston return. The return spring, inside the collar, is completely collapsed. I tried to pry it up but would not budge and did not want to damage the outer collar. taking to a hydraulic repair shop tomorrow. The bungee cord is to help keep the scissor lift collapsed and balance the body on the blocks. It wants to tip at times, with no bungy cord.

20240922_161852.jpg20240922_161856.jpg20240922_161902.jpg20240922_161911.jpg20240922_161919.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yukoniskillingme