Thinking about buying a 2dr Yukon gt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kool rider28

Reaction score
I looked at a 1993 Yukon gt with 170k run go but the rear end has broken gears so I can't drive it. The guy is asking $2000 for it. I thought that was alot for a broken suv. What are these trucks going for$?.
I also have a set of differentials from a 92 suburban to swap with.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd pay no more than $800 for that considering you can't even test drive it and it's got that many miles on it...

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pay no more than $800 for that considering you can't even test drive it and it's got that many miles on it...

I spent $2200 for a '97 and it drove fine (needed cats, brakes, and tires, but ran fine) and has about 10k fewer miles. I agree w/ above, under $1000 unless he wants to get it running for you first.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent $2200 for a '97 and it drove fine (needed cats, brakes, and tires, but ran fine) and has about 10k fewer miles. I agree w/ above, under $1000 unless he wants to get it running for you first.

I'm not all that concerned about the miles as long as it's been taken care of and you can drive it and validate that it's been well maintained but the fact you can't even drive it to see what else may need repair really decrease it's value IMO.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not all that concerned about the miles as long as it's been taken care of and you can drive it and validate that it's been well maintained but the fact you can't even drive it to see what else may need repair really decrease it's value IMO.

Well put. The most important thing is that it was taken care of and serviced regularly. If you can get him to take $1,000 for it then I would do it... Especially since you already have the parts to fix it.

OP
OP
K

Kool rider28

Reaction score
It runs fine. Just don't know how it drives. I been looking for several month and every one I have has tranny problem. This the first one with just a broken diff. I wish I could find one for 2k or 3k for that matter and drive it home.
The good thing about this Yukon is that it is a GT and that's what I originally want. Maybe I can talk him down to a thousand?

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd talk him down, It may idle fine, but who knows about the transmission and how she'll run under load (ie in gear). Big pressure related oil leaks and stuff like that may not come out until you do 20 min of good city/highway driving on it...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not what exact options came on them other than cosmetic differences but they are a little bit more "rare" than the other Yukons of the era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968