This is a dumb question but I am Mind Boggled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The driving lights on the Yukon XL Denali, what do the lights closest to the grille used for. Ive tried everything. Hazards, bright, dim, fog lights on but when are they ever on. These are the lights right below the head lights and there is three lights on the running lights. The two are used for turn signals and driving lights but the 3rd light closest to the the grille when does that turn on and how do you get it to turn on. Please reply because its driving me insane. Please help

NewPicture.gif

Last edited:

Tahoe10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have the same truck but it sounds like they are your daytime running lights . They only come on when the truck is in drive.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is for an 07+ Yukon the lights are as follows:

Main housings:

194 Amber parking light side marker
3157 Amber turn signal and parking light (upper reflector)
H13 Low/High/Drl (lower reflector)

The two round lower lamps below the headlamps are 5202 fog lights

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you press the fog light button. :think:

If they don't then either the bulbs are bad, the harnesses aren't plugged in (people sometimes forget to plug them back when reattaching the bumper), or there's something wrong with the switch.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Those are the DRLs. They illuminate outside during the day automatically when the car is put in drive.
If they don't, then either the bulb or fuse is blow.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are the DRLs. They illuminate outside during the day automatically when the car is put in drive.
If they don't, then either the bulb or fuse is blow.

Not on a yukon ... the DRLs are a low voltage draw of the high beam signal.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Oh shit, this is for a NBS truck ... forget everything I said and stop confusering me by posting in the wrong section and adding pics after the fact!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shughes022

Latest posts