This is what happened to my tahoe in May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a link to my interior install for those who didn’t know about it

OBS_Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bummer about the wreck!

Looks like it's coming along great though, that front bumper is sick.

Huge fan of the seat swap, I thought about doing the same but those brackets are pricey!

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this thread...... 2 days ago, driving on a 3-lane street..... I was in the middle lane....driving the 50mph speed limit..... I saw ahead, traffic was slowing, due to a traffic light. I slowed down a bit..... Preparing to apply more brakes.... SUDDENLY, the truck ahead of me steered quickly, to the left lane. Ahead was stopped !! i braked FIRM but no skidding ( giving the vehicle behind me time to slow / I also hand-signaled !! ) Good thing my brakes are VERY GOOD....

No collisions..... no skidding ( from me or the car behind me)......

ATTENTION.... ALWAYS...... When you are DRIVING...... Everything else, causes an accident.

( I spend many years as a 'performance driving instructor'......
Get your children to a QUALIFIED driving instructor, or it can happen again, if they don't learn more, than what they still know ( or don't know about driving).

Accident evasion is important..... Prime example is the above story.....
Yup your rear is protected when you signal behind you, and as best as you can, give the drivers behind you, as much time as possible to also to NOT HIT YOU !!

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer about the wreck!

Looks like it's coming along great though, that front bumper is sick.

Huge fan of the seat swap, I thought about doing the same but those brackets are pricey!
Yeah it was a tough one to swallow, but now that they are in I feel much better about the swap. I’ll say it again though, you won’t be disappointed about how easy the seat swap is with these brackets.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, my exhaust was subpar to say the least.. I’ve been meaning to change it for a while now.. ordered new cat section.. and the flowmaster 17165 force II system..

I also had to hit the junk yard today, found 3 nice 4 dr OBS tahoes, I got.. a driver side battery tray, a transmission cooler, and some exhaust hanger brackets since mine were missing, as well as a small little air deflector that sits just below the nose panel. All for $40
IMG_0185.png
IMG_0186.png

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update, my exhaust was subpar to say the least.. I’ve been meaning to change it for a while now.. ordered new cat section.. and the flowmaster 17165 force II system..

I also had to hit the junk yard today, found 3 nice 4 dr OBS tahoes, I got.. a driver side battery tray, a transmission cooler, and some exhaust hanger brackets since mine were missing, as well as a small little air deflector that sits just below the nose panel. All for $40
View attachment 434907
View attachment 434908
Nice stuff !! But, I'd rather listen to my stereo and not the exhaust note, if this system is louder than stock. If there was an exhaust that was quiet on residential streets, but "opened up" only when on acceleration, I'd consider that ,for performance.
I don't know if there is such a design??

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice stuff !! But, I'd rather listen to my stereo and not the exhaust note, if this system is louder than stock. If there was an exhaust that was quiet on residential streets, but "opened up" only when on acceleration, I'd consider that ,for performance.
I don't know if there is such a design??
Yeah…. It’s called a cut out lol, actually this muffler is part of their 50 series… it’s not that loud at all

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: ok it’s taken a year… but actively working on it about 9months.. finished off the exhaust( was NOT a straight bolt on affair) got the lights on, got the grill on, finished the wiring for the new upgraded electric 4x4 actuator….. behold, she is ready,
IMG_0201.jpeg

I still need to take her in to get an alignment, register it, and have the AC charged.
Things still to come: fender flares, stereo upgrade, paint/body work, finish the electric fan wiring, finished the trans temp gauge, finish the door hinge pins, and lastly the 4.56 gears

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts