Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like 4-way lumbar is back and should be applying to any orders building in '23. https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/0...wer-lumbar-seat-adjustment-constraint-lifted/

There's a bit of a correlation with this:

By Q3 2023, we're going to be in a much different place. I wouldn't be surprised if almost all GMC dealerships have worked through the pent up customer orders by then.

MoonTruck

Reaction score
Thanks for your updates, happy to hear you guys had your builds completed. My automated chat is still the same, “moving towards production” I can only guess my build didn’t make it last week.

saturnfire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
in 99% of cases when the dealer puts in the initial order it isn't actually being submitted to GM for acceptance since the dealer doesn't have a current allocation ...almost like this is what I "want" to order when they can place the order. would expect the dealer to contact the customer if it's been a month or two to confirm everything with the customer prior to pushing the acceptance button - if not, they should be

if GM changed their policies of where an order could only be submitted when it was immediately accepted (like other brands) I'd have a different opinion on the approach, but even then I wouldn't have any issue pursuing an order with two different dealers. Depends on what is discussed upfront if the vehicle isn't purchased by the ordering customer. Lot of rumors about how a dealer is impacted - some of which depends on how the dealer flags it in their system when they order it

we placed a Tahoe and Yukon order in Dec 21 at the same dealer (mid sized local dealer) and neither of those were ever built. (they didn't require a deposit)

Jan 22 we ordered from another dealer and took delivery on that order in late April (refundable deposit of $1k)

as far as deposits - just make sure to have that discussion when the deposit is made. A Ram dealer we ordered from required a $1k non-refundable deposit that i was able to just use a credit card for...months later i found out they were only accepting wire transfers for deposits because several "buyers" had contested the charge when they decided to not take the vehicle...the implemented this because Ram apparently "dings" the dealer when it's sold to someone not listed on the initial order.

place as many orders as you want - for all GM knows you are actually buying 5 vehicles. But I wouldn't go down that path if you or the dealer is going to be financially harmed - of course you won't be aware of their situation if they don't tell you the ramifications of backing out...so in that case, do what it takes to get a vehicle

I ordered a 2023 RAM TRX from Mark Dodge and that was the case. They wanted to prevent "flippers". I also had to agree not to flip it for 6 months. Else, I would no longer be able to order anything at their dealership, ever. mind you, by ordering, they offered a $10,000 discount. Still waiting for things to normalize with GM, if ever, so I can order a Denali XL....bit I will not pay markup or any bogus dealer-added crap.

RK58

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your updates, happy to hear you guys had your builds completed. My automated chat is still the same, “moving towards production” I can only guess my build didn’t make it last week.
My buld date was 12/22 for my HC Tahoe with a 3.0 and just arrived at my dealer in Ontario Canada 2 days ago, I was surprised it arrived so fast especially over the holidays, hopefully things are getting better for everyone.

duckknot

Reaction score
I really like it. It is very subtle at night so tough to tell it’s not black. In full sun you can definitely tell it is navy and there are not many out there so it stands out imo.
Good to know, thank you! It looks awesome in the picture!

MoonTruck

Reaction score
Update: GMC chat just changed its message today to stating vehicle has been built. Contact with dealer confirmed the same and I was able to get a VIN from them. Not sure what the actual build day was at this time.

RVAHokie

Reaction score
Picking up my 4x4 Denali today. Now I just need to sell my Jeep!

Ordered May 7
Switched to 2023 on June 18
TPW of 12/5
Delivered 1/8

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seven months to even go into production……. No wonder the previous customer did the back out…..good for me….available on property no markup….good for dealer ….immediate sale…..good for customer as in not having to pay 2023 prices…..

I got lucky….I am not sure of original order date but mine was Build 11/21/22, dealer arrival 12/5….customer delivery 12/9.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seven months to even go into production……. No wonder the previous customer did the back out…..good for me….available on property no markup….good for dealer ….immediate sale…..good for customer as in not having to pay 2023 prices…..

I got lucky….I am not sure of original order date but mine was Build 11/21/22, dealer arrival 12/5….customer delivery 12/9.
all depends on the must-have options ordered. I STARTED with a 22 in October of 21. order didn't get picked up, dealer wasnt any help cancelled that order and reordered at another dealer in February of 22. Order picked up first week of December, its TPW is this week. Denali xl diesel, max tow, air ride, adaptive cruise, retractable steps and moonroof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit

Latest posts