Throttle body and CAI.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smyrna13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok guys, it's been awhile since I've been on here, just have a few questions. First off, is a BBK throttle body worth the price? Does it make a noticeable difference? Its a 80mm throttle body as opposed to 75mm like most of the ported ones I've seen. anyone else running one? And after digging around on here, it seems like a Volant CAI is the best one for our trucks, how much of a difference have you guys noticed running one? My truck has headers with true duals, and no cats, so I figured this would be a decent upgrade.

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't answer your TB question,BUT i can say that the Volant CAI is most likely your best bet and woth the money....

OP
OP
smyrna13

smyrna13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it a pretty good difference over stock? Its alot cheaper than the K&N I was going to get, and its sealed up, so it has have a cooler airflow

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant has a 4" collector which the biggest 1 on the market for our trucks...the last time I checked. Also has a sealed box which hooks to our OEM fender well hole. This means heat soak is eliminated and it is getting cool air just like Chevy wanted.

BBK is pricey my recomendation is Janzer Performance TB!

Please get a BB tune after.

OP
OP
smyrna13

smyrna13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The volant sounds exellent, and I reckon I'll try the Jantzer out first since its a quarter of the price of a BBK. I've been wanting a BB tune just now starting to draw a steady paycheck. I'm about to show my 'hoe some serious love, BB will definitely be next

Husker1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just picked up the bbk throttle body, i am getting a bb tune this week hopefully, but i can tell a difference without the tune. Defenitly more power but i also put a airaid intake on it the same time i put the throttle body on

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just picked up the bbk throttle body, i am getting a bb tune this week hopefully, but i can tell a difference without the tune. Defenitly more power but i also put a airaid intake on it the same time i put the throttle body on

I HOPE UR INTAKE IS NOT A WAI!

Hope it is sealed or return it immediately!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES