Throttle Body cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pk64f100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just read the instructions on the CRG TB & Intake cleaning spray and it says I can spray while on intake and just use rag to collect any spray that comes out while cleaning, is this true? It also says i can manually open and close butterfly valves to clean inside of TB, is this true? I would rather not take off truck because it is very cold and my back just went out. help! I just cleaned my MAF sensor, i have a KN cold air kit so it is easy to take off pipe to TB, I have off now and definitely dirty in TB.Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes you can. You can have a friend hold the gas pedal to floor and then do a thorough cleaning where the throttle plate seats at top and bottom. Clean cotton rag, spray the cleaner on it till nice and wet and reach in to clean. That way you don't have the overspray running out of it. You will see the dirt on the rag. That is also the time to check the throttle plate bushings on each side for play. This cleaning can help with idle and accel from stop. If dirty enough it can cause an accel hesitation.

OP
OP
P

pk64f100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I cleaned and checked no play it seems to run better but still this damm humming noising real deep, it is like when I installed my KN but it is louder now. It also will "Gurggle" a little for lack of a better word when I let off gas sometimes. I do not believe it is an exhaust leak someone said maybe my CAT is clogged how can I figure that out? thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
An exhaust shop can run a back pressure test on the exhaust system. You could attach a vacuum gauge to a vacuum port and see if the vacuum reading is low or does not reclimb after accel and then hold at a higher rpm. You should have a real strong flow out tailpipe when accel the engine. You may also have a vacuum leak. Can use a mechanics stethoscope and take the probe out of the hose at the end and run it all over the top of the engine listening for vacuum sucking noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus