Tinted front windows + windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could go that dark. Cops here use it as a excuse to stop you and look in your truck.

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my old truck I had 20% on the windshield with a 5% strip over that at the top, 5% on the sides, and 5 over double 20 on the back 3.... very dark indeed. Was great to drive in the day (eyes are very light sensitive), and wasnt as bad as you would think at night. Often required rolling down the windows to backup, but a little fore thought of how to get out makes it easier. Only time the windshield sucks is on a back road at night when its raining and there is oncoming traffic so you cant use your high beams.

I had 35% at first on the windshield but that wasnt dark enough for me so I went 20% with the strip. Never got hasseled about the windshield (although one cop made a comment about it), but did a few times for the side windows. The strip really makes it look lighter. Tint may have been my favorite part of that truck haha.

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
70% is about what your factory "clear" front windows come with from the factory. I have 5% all the way around and when I was in texas had 35% on the windshield, looked awesome but you need HIDs. Finally base decided that they didnt want to let me on anymore with the windshield tinted so I pulled that off and did a 5% strip. I love the strip, perfect for those couple of morning and evening hours where the sun shines through the top of the windshield and it still darkens the cabin up a bit.

dragthepaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had our Jeep done 50% on front two and Windshield, Rear is Factory
IMAG2470.jpg

Burban is 50%on Windshield and 35% on all others.
2a576f12-54aa-441f-b500-cf2e9e6677e0.jpg

IMAG2671.jpg

F150 has 50% all around
42752a30-8947-4c77-91fd-85d4e0334bcb.jpg

Black Interiors help the 50% seem much darker.

N2snow2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tint

If you get the windshield tinted is that a separate ticket or can they only give you the 1 ticket for tinted windows I've got at least 9 tint tickets in the last year and a half I'm not taking it off so if it's consider the same as side windows ill tint the front tinted there $ 127 in iowa my tickets always say dark windows ...was told there gonna impound next time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035