Tires out of round?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I put the front of the Tahoe on jack stands and I spun one of the wheels freely and then it contacted the ground and I couldn’t turn it anymore. I turned it back the other way and spun freely, I tried the same in the other side and the same thing happened.

Like the wheels aren’t completely round? What does this mean? Probably why I get shakes around 75

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Yesterday I put the front of the Tahoe on jack stands and I spun one of the wheels freely and then it contacted the ground and I couldn’t turn it anymore. I turned it back the other way and spun freely, I tried the same in the other side and the same thing happened.

Like the wheels aren’t completely round? What does this mean? Probably why I get shakes around 75
What tires are you running?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s an Ah HA! moment. Great little way to tell if your tires are out of round in front of the guy who guarantees they’re 100%, perfectly balanced.

That my friend is called a factory second (quality) tire.

With irrefutable proof like that you’re due a new tire no questions asked regardless of the wear.

Your post is winner of the day, if not month or year.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hell ya. Take a video clip on your phone of the serial number of the tire and then pull back and spin the tire showing it’s not round, mark it with chalk.

Have that video saved and que’d up on your phone ready to email someone so that while you’re talking to them say, BTW what’s your email?

Send the clip to them while you’re talking. Let the clip do all the work while they look at it on the phone with you. See if your other tires are egg’d out too.

Even if you take it to the shop you purchased them from in person, show them the video clip, then walk them over to the mark on your tire. It’s irrefutable. Maybe call the tire manufacturer first. If they say well warr it, the shop can’t fight that.

The manufacturer will also have record if it was sold as a second (quality) and you paid for first.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you go the warranty route, I suggest that you take it to a local shop that had a Road Force wheel balancer, and let them go through the full diagnostics on your wheel and your tire, along with re-seating the tire on the wheel. If your problem still exists, then you have some substantive data from, the local shop to pursue your warranty claim.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Joseph Garcia The local shop I bought them at might not have a road force balancer and I might need to go back to the shop I bought them at to pursue a warranty claim. But they have been good to me so I will start there.

Worse case scenario I throw these wheels and tires on my 94 k1500 and I go with a new setup on my Tahoe, I've been wanting to go down to 18 inch wheels on the Tahoe for a little more cushion

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dumb question, but are your wheel bores the same diameter as your hub bores?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SawDustMaker