Tires??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbrown65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed a ccm 2.5f/1r on my 07 yukon. Has anyone else put this kit on and is able to run 285/65/r20 on it. I am going to buy either bfg a/t or nitto grapplers and I would really like them to be 285s. I wouldnt be opposed to trimming the plastic inner fender but do not want to trim any of the body. thanks for the help..........

Reaction score
Hey Jeff...I am pretty sure you can run the 285s with no rubbing. I have been looking around for the same thing and I am looking to purchase the ccm kit and what I have been told is that if you go bigger than 285s you will have to do some trimming. But other than that I think you are good. How does the kit look? Any pictures?

OP
OP
J

jeffbrown65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Jeff...I am pretty sure you can run the 285s with no rubbing. I have been looking around for the same thing and I am looking to purchase the ccm kit and what I have been told is that if you go bigger than 285s you will have to do some trimming. But other than that I think you are good. How does the kit look? Any pictures?
Thanks for the info kasey... I contacted a ccm rep and he said that he doesnt think 285 will fit under it without some trimming. I am going to have them mount one on my wheel and I will see if it will work. I wasn't going for the looks when I purchased the lift, i needed to get the front end off the ground. It scraped everything the first time I took it hunting!!! With that being said, I LOVE the way it looks now. The stance is perfect for me. I will clean her up a little and try to get some pics on here for you.

Reaction score
Thanks! Well that is good to know. I do alot of fishing/hunting myself so I pull a boat alot of the times and I think the 1" will be good. Also with the 2.5 in the front I think it will be perfect. I am thinking it will be a nice lift without it being too huge. Thanks for taking the time to take the pictures!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also look at the diameter. 285/65/20s are 34.59" in diameter, and that will not fit. I have 285/65/18s (32.59") with 2.5" front and 1" rear level kit and had to trim the bottom front wheel wells by 2".

You can remove the bottom valence of the bumper to give you more clearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts