Too good to be true?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
Okay i'm trading my 1999 2 dr Tahoe LT for 1995 2 dr Tahoe.

Mine- stock just about all round, with 125,000 miles.

Theirs- 6" suspension lift, 3" block lift, BRAND NEW 350, 40" mud tires, brush guard, roof rack.

We're both in agreement to trade straight up.

Even swap or too good to be true?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40" tires on IFS is not a great idea. It sounds like a nice loking truck though. Has it been wheeled hard? or do you plan on wheeling it?

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Probably a decent trade, they probably want to take your newer 2 door and drop it or something and have a show car. I'm with bowtie on the 40" tires a tad much for Independent Front Suspension. Sounds like you'll be setting yourself up for a SAS project ha.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. Sounds like your going to trade your stock Hoe for someone elses beater.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. Sounds like your going to trade your stock Hoe for someone elses beater.

couldnt agree more. sounds like you got a nice tahoe and they realized how much stuff breaks with that big of a lift and that big of a tire so they are trying to get rid of their bad idea and trying to start over. i would take stock over a dogged out ** on 40s anyday.

remember a new motor is not a plus.. it usually means they were not treating it right

Last edited:

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stay with the vortec!!!! not to mention the tranny on the 95 is probably hurting from pushin all that weight, plus it will probably handle like shit.

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
Keep the vortec. Take this advice from someone that has owned both kinds of tahoes. The vortec is tops hands down. Sounds like guy went too nutty with his tires and now wants out. Keep what you got and make it your own custom style how you want it.

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
Ask yourself this after you trade do have and more importantly want to spend a couple grand for a new tranny or whatever other issues you don't know about ....keep the dogg you know the other one might just bite ya...btw nice truck

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont do it I had a 95 Silverado and it wastes more gas than the vortech. Big improvement over horse power also. My wifes 96 gmc Sierra would beat me and she had no mods. I ended up selling her and fixed up the Hoe. I couldnt beat my friend on a Bronco with a 351, and now the hoe wooped his ass.

Attachments

• truck.JPG
    truck.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 34
  • 0226001048b (2).jpg
    0226001048b (2).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 37

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou