Too good to be true?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Damn that pickup looked sweet, shoulda just dropped a stronger engine into her!

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would stick with what you got just because I couldn't go from a Vortec to a TBI...Also 40" tires on IFS isn't gonna be a good idea

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
remember a new motor is not a plus.. it usually means they were not treating it right

+1. Look for transmission, transfer case, and differential abuse.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

and let me guess, stock 10 bolt ?

Now I don't care who you are, that's funny...

But, you can always craigslist the wheels/rubber and trade someone for 35's and some cash. But the damage that's been done already is going to suck. Also, if this is a friend, it will damage your relationship. When (not if) something breaks on the lifted rig, you're going to give him the eternal "WTF" and eventually you'll hate him.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i really cant add more than what is already posted..you have a great starter truck with pure potential. very clean and your only 17! lots of time for mods..the 95 will suck the gas and probally break in the end.VORTEC!!

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Stick with the 1999 that you have...
The vortec motor is an improvement over the TBI (1995). Not to mention the suspension lift mods and larger tires are harder on the "joints" and tranny. You'll be better off modding your existing vehicle than starting with someone else's rig that has likely seen some abuse.

OP
OP
TeaDubya2011

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
thanks ya'll. the deal fail through simply because mine has a dent and he wanted me to repair it (it's on the driver's side quarter panel) but the lowest estimate, was from a close friend and it was 500. So i explained to the guy and he said no deal..shortly after he stated that he'd sold the tahoe to a guy who didnt even wanna wait for the new motor to be put in the 'hoe..then proceeded to ask if i wanted to counter his offer
sounds to me like he had some problems he was trying to hide, maybe thats just me, but for now, i'm stuck with my stock

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
You can give me your stock? I got a sweet ass Chevy Prizm. Loaded with cloth interior, Roll up windows, and manual seats. Even has a flat black hood that increases speeds up to 50 mph!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou