Too much bass, body flex and rear door vibration. Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Concept

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hOvsDoU.jpg

I expected some body flex/vibration because I had to double layer my entire an of my truck to get it to stop, but this is ridiculous. Anybody have any cheap ideas to stop the back door especially from vibrating so loud, especially the rear window. I'm too worried to really crank it, last time I did my mirror fell off the window :(

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with those speakers pointing directly at the rear window, there's not much you can do to stop the rattle

the normal stuff (dynamat, etc.) stopped my vibrations on the lift gate and on the sides.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a video of it vibrating. Watch the video in slow motion on your whatever. A good quality camera will catch it best. It will show you what the glass is actually doing.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Bro you aren't ever going to completely rid vibrations, thats what you're going to get when you have 4 12's pointed directly at the rear hatch lol...I wouldn't be so worried so much about vibrations and flexing as I would ruining seals or small parts on the rear hatch...Dynamat that rear hatch as much as possible and you can reduce it...but not eliminate it

OP
OP
C

Concept

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you guys use a butyl- based deadener, or a mass-loader style deadener?
Orientation of the subs shouldn't make that much if a difference really I would imagine, since the port is pointed forward.

My truck was an extended cab, the caddy has noticeably more cabin-gain so its affected by vibration more I think. I'm no expert, everything I've learned is mostly trial and error, but the cones pushing out wouldn't displace that much air on the door side since there is so resistance to the pressure since the air is free flowing in the cabin.. Where in the box it's restricted, so having the ports pointed at windows would be far worse then having the subs pointed. Unless I'm wrong?

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take that box out and redo it entirely differently. It would also sound much better and louder doing it another way. The only thing that will help the scenario you have now is reinforcing the hatch with steel plate, and that will only do so much.

It would have less pressure back there with subs forward and port back. I also wouldn't have that box NEARLY that tall. I wouldn't go much above the seat back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968