Torsion Bar delete for Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I might get bashed for this but I have searched and come up with nothing. All I have been able to find is how to remove the bars or people thinking about doing this swap. I want to get rid of these torsion bars and swap a set of springs in for the front. I saw a couple threads here that date back awhile ago but it seemed to lead to dead ends. Is there anything factory out of another truck that would work? I also saw the coilover conversion to lower our tahoes but im not spring and shock savvy so any help as to parts would be appreciated.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious why would you want to swap to Coils and keep IFS?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see wondering that myself. Can't be too hard to swap to the coil spring setup from a 1500 truck...

OP
OP
middelgriff1

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just seeing how hard it'd be and to be a little different than everyone else

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks to me like you could just swap lower control arms with a 1500 2wd truck, and get their coil spring as well and be done. Thats what it looks like in pictures anyways.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
There was a thread in here somewhere about replacing the front shock with coil over shock that deletes the torsion bar.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Send Tahoewhat a PM also if you are running a 35" tire or bigger it is not wise to switch set ups just FYI.

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone selling a Z-71 kit that adds about 3 inches of lift?
I am about to get a leveling kit installed but this seems much cooler. I just don't have the time for this DIY stuff with my work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts