Tow/Haul Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThaMikeSkoola

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, What exactly does Tow/Haul do? To me it acts like a Stall in a way. Because When I put it on it raises my RPM's up to around 2k while cruising and when I hammer on it after it shifts, instead of dropping to 1500 RPM's, It goes to 2k. But, Idk that's just me. Can anyone chime in here and let me know what EXACTLY Tow/Haul does?

Azzkiker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It won't go into overdrive and it hold the gears for longer rpms.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, What exactly does Tow/Haul do? To me it acts like a Stall in a way. Because When I put it on it raises my RPM's up to around 2k while cruising and when I hammer on it after it shifts, instead of dropping to 1500 RPM's, It goes to 2k. But, Idk that's just me. Can anyone chime in here and let me know what EXACTLY Tow/Haul does?

Are you using it WHILE TOWING/HAULING? Because I question your motive of "hammering on it" while you tow a load? EDUCATE ME PLEASE so I may be able to help you?

If you do NOT tow, leave that TOW Button alone.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It Changes shift points and holds them longer. I believe it also changes the alt output to compensate for added draw from Trailers. I also know that It changes the Standard 3 flash on turn signals to 6 when you flick the turn signals. At least on the NNBS they do

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
It Changes shift points and holds them longer. I believe it also changes the alt output to compensate for added draw from Trailers. I also know that It changes the Standard 3 flash on turn signals to 6 when you flick the turn signals. At least on the NNBS they do

I have to agree with everything here, except the last part about the turn signal. Mine never went to 6. It retained the 3 flash on my truck.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I have to agree with everything here, except the last part about the turn signal. Mine never went to 6. It retained the 3 flash on my truck.

really? Maybe its the tow tune from BB that changed it for me

Mykal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
same here. Don't understand why I have always been told to never tow in o/d.

It really depends on the vehicel you are towing with and the load you are towing. Towing a jetski with a half ton truck would not create many issues. Towing 10K lbs with a 1/4 ton vehicle would.

Heat.
When in Drive there is not much load on the transmission or torque converter.
When in Over drive there is a massive load on both creating a lot of heat. Heat kills automatic transmissions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extrememri1

Latest posts