Tow hooks on 2023 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d_hawk

Reaction score
I have done some more research but have not actually purchased the parts to verify. There is a front tie down bracket (GM part # 84680941) that is listed to fit 2021-24 Suburban/Yukon/Escalade vehicles. There is a front tow eye (GM part # 84452971) that is listed to fit 2021-2024 Escalade’s only. Not sure why the tow eye won’t work on a Suburban or Yukon or if it’s a description error.

The tie down bracket bolts to the driver side frame rail. The plastic cover is popped off and the tow eye screwed into the tie down bracket when needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0364.png
    IMG_0364.png
    515.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0365.png
    IMG_0365.png
    474.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon Denali 6.2L and recently was successful in prodding my local auto-shop to install a front receiver. They don't make one for 2021+ Yukon so I bought one for a 2021 Seirra 1500 6.2L and it fit well-enough. The driver's side frame was OK but the passenger side frame had a little metal bracket on the driver's side of the frame that interfered where the bolt would go thru the frame from what they said. See final posts on this thread https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/front-mount-hitch-2-receiver-for-2021-yukon-denali.143264/ for more info.

Here's a pic of the driver side frame right up to the front grill..... that's the sierra 1500 front receiver you see up against the frame before welding in place of horizontal bolts.
As you can see, the horizontal bolt hole seems to be there - and this is where tow hooks would attach? On the passenger frame, there's a bracket blocking the hole apparently.
1728227904469.png

The auto-shop was hugely concerned about messing with the front / affecting the cameras + electronics but a receiver sticks out below the bumper so no issues - didn't need to remove or cut the front grill/bumper at all.

A front receiver might work in place of tow hooks for you if you can't do tow hooks.

My guess, it's worth a try? seems like a competent installer can take off whatever they need and just put it back if it didn't work? - that was my argument with auto-shop and they agreed they could put things back if they didn't modify anything :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
BobHolthaus

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon Denali 6.2L and recently was successful in prodding my local auto-shop to install a front receiver. They don't make one for 2021+ Yukon so I bought one for a 2021 Seirra 1500 6.2L and it fit well-enough. The driver's side frame was OK but the passenger side frame had a little metal bracket on the driver's side of the frame that interfered where the bolt would go thru the frame from what they said. See final posts on this thread https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/front-mount-hitch-2-receiver-for-2021-yukon-denali.143264/ for more info.

The auto-shop was hugely concerned about messing with the front / affecting the electronics but the receiver sticks out below the bumper / no issues.

My guess, it's worth a try? seems like a competent installer can take off whatever they need and just put it back if it didn't work? - that was my argument with auto-shop and they agreed they could put things back if they didn't modify anything :)
Thank you for sharing this. These are the posts we all need, when someome
Is successful accomplishing something that may or may not be able to be done. I appreciate the share, and: nice work getting it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit

Latest posts