Towing/Mileage concerns for '02-'06 Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
you preferably want one that came withe the tow package... aka (6 pig plug, Hitch, and trans cooler)

Tow package is a must. In addition it adds a stiffer suspension. When I first got my camper I had a 2000 2wd Silverado that didn't have the tow package. Talk about scary. That thing was all over the place. My 01 Suburban had 242,000 on it when I traded. No motor or tranny problems. The 05 Denail XL I have now has 145,000. Motor runs like a champ and has nice power. The tranny (maybe the torque converter) is starting to have issues though. You might get 10 mpg when pulling, more likely 8-9 mpg. I have gotten as low as 6 with the Suburban (40 mph cross wind for 225 miles) and with the $4-$5 a gallon gas coming, it will cost a lot to pull it.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Tahoe LT. with Tow package, lowered, added Air bags ( about $120.) well worth it! upgraded sway bars. Bake Controller and when I had my 5.3L and 4L60 Trans I had No issues towing a 18 foot Ski Boat to Colorado Springs from Houston. and a 26 foot tandem axle Toy hauler Trailer back to Houston from Colorado. the Boat goes from Spring to Conroe almost every other Week during the Summer.

the 26 Footer I could probably Fit the Tahoe in that was kinda Hard / Scary But I was Getting outta the Army and Everything I had there Pretty Much Fit in it.

I would Add a Upgraded Tranny Cooler tho! Air Bags that fit in the rear springs, ( You don't need a Compressor! The Kit Comes with a valve just like a tire mine is mounted on Bottom side of my Rear Bumper.) a Brake Controller, Good Tires and depending on the Gearing maybe put a lower gear to give you a little bit more of an Upper hand and take a little load off the Transmission.

The Longer the wheel base the more stable it will feel and better it should handle with a Trailer. Also the Ride will be a little smother IMO.

(Sorry its so long)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy