Trans clunking a bit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I just bought this truck. 2007 with 60K on it. I noticed "sometimes" when I stop quickly and/or just slow down normally and jab the brakes when almost stopped I hear a clunk in the rear end. it's almost a sounf and feeling like I'm towing something when I stop and the hitch slides towards the truck. Those that tow will definitely know what I'm talking about. Is this normal for these trucks? Thanks for any and all comments.

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a bearing or bushing, not had this problem on my nnbs but my nbs truck does it and its the steeringshaft, but overall normal truck noise.

OP
OP
T

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slip yoke, probably needs to be greased

Forgot to update. I asked the folks at LS1 truck also and two guys mentioned the same thing. Just an FYI. Once I get my warranty paperwork I'll take it in and update this post with results. Seems to be a common problem. Thanks for the replies.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please update when you get it looked at, i have two months left on my waranty and mine just started doing the same thing. thanks

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our escalade was experiencing this as well. Had the slip yoke greased and problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3