Transmission HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southernstyle

Reaction score
the problem with the 60 to 80 swap is they r not the same size which means u r also gonna have to buy a custom driveshaft r buy an aftermarket one. i would suggest going to monstertrans.com and looking at their heavy duty r super sport 4l60e. i know a few people that r running the heavy duty and love them. these transmissions will out handle and out perform a 4l80e, they come with a no ******** 3 year warranty, and will ship to your home for around $1600. they also offer the kit to do it yourself for around $550 which is the route i'm taking i just ordered mine a couple hours ago.

OP
OP
Z-56 Hoe

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Ok so southernstyle I'm at their website and don't see the hopped up Trans but i need one that can handle way more then stock power and the weight of our Tahoe's.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had some experience with 60es i had mine go out on my silverado SS about a year and a half ago. ive seen a 4l60e run 10.8 in a 5500 lb silverado with about 1000 horse. if you get the right builder there not that bad tho still limited. the 80e swap for a AWD Silverado is pretty annoying i wasnt going to attempt it. off the top of my head i needed a different drive shaft, different tail shaft for the trans, custom made cross remember, 80e torque converter and i know theres more. if your not planning on going fast just stick with a 60e IMO.

edit: also the 80e has a very big first gear and also weighs more

and if your looking for a solid 60e and money is not that big of a issue give Finishline transmissions a call and speak with andy. i run there level 6 and ive seen a level 7 (only difference is the input shaft) run 10.8 in the 1/4. mines personally done about 30 or so 12.5-12.8 passes. they are pricey units but well worth the money and they also offer great warranties / service

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z-56 Hoe

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
ok Guys just so Ya'll know I am ******* My Hoe. I Drive the Piss outta Her. I Love Her tho. My Engine is Fully Built. Heads, Cam and a little more. I just keep having issues with the 4L60E even Built with a Yank Converter, Beast sun shell, Sunco Shift kit, and SunCO Vaulve Body, My Tahoe Weights in at almost 6400LBS so Yeah the power the engine puts out plus the weight of the Tahoe Come into play against the Trans.

Right now My 2001 Tahoe is out of service and I need it up quick! But done right and to last with a warrenty.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im very ******* my truck to i go to the track alot. my truck is also a weekend driver so whenever its out on the street its usually out for a day of fun. ive been beating 9psi threw that motor for 2 years now. ive done a few AWD burnouts i have a video of one ill put up later if you want. ive done a couple AWD donuts ive gone almost completely sideways comming around turns a few times. my average MPG is 11.4 according to the computer if that helps you picture what my truck deals with lol. if your really looking for a quality product i can tell you FLT will not let you down if your willing to pay

edit: FLT also offers LIFETIME warranty on there trans. even 20 years from now if you blow up your unit they will completely rebuild it for you back to factory specs. you just have to pay for the parts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevpar