transmission slipping...engine revs between shifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any idea what the going rate is for a 4L60e rebuild is?

my local shop, I paid about 2300..

this included shift kit, clutch spring kit, 5 pinion planetaries to turn it into a 4l65e, fix my trans lines, vette servo, and installed..I then spent 500 on a Yank tt3000 converter..it can add up pretty quick

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think that is the only difference you need to do some more research ...

I rebuilt mine at home for about $1100 ...

there was more to it..front and rear 5 pinion, different shafts, upgraded valve body, upgraded 3/4 clutch with added friction plate..id have to look at the build sheet for all of it..

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing. Flush and filter twice with Goodwrench fluid too. Seemed to help a little but still slips into OD like yours is doing. Now I only use OD if I'm going down the interstate, otherwise I just leave it in 3rd most all the time. The less shifting the better. I wish I could get a shift kit so it would slam into each shift but with the electronic shifting I dont think you can just throw a kit in em anymore.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing. Flush and filter twice with Goodwrench fluid too. Seemed to help a little but still slips into OD like yours is doing. Now I only use OD if I'm going down the interstate, otherwise I just leave it in 3rd most all the time. The less shifting the better. I wish I could get a shift kit so it would slam into each shift but with the electronic shifting I dont think you can just throw a kit in em anymore.

sure ya can..trans go hd2 shift kit, vette servo, and a tune and youll slam into the gears, depending on how you set up the kit

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine built up, with a hd2 kit, servo, and line pressure adjusted in the tune and stock tires i can chirp them once and a while..I could have gone up 1 more setting to make it shift even firmer, but that was the "strip" setting..mines perfect for daily driving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx