transmission slipping...engine revs between shifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l306x

Reaction score
I have a 03 Denali 175k the transmission slips and the engine revs between gears. under light throttle it is not noticeable but heavy throttle it is much more noticeable. the fluid was a little low so I added some but no change. is this a common problem? Do I pull the pan and check the filter or is it hopeless? the fluid looks good. any ideas? thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if it is loose under heavy throttle and not light pressure either the plates or bands are on there way out or you may have a filter obstruction of some sort and are being starved of fluid enough to make them slip. If it started suddenly and continue to get worse then you may have to have it torn down for inspection if a filter change does not help.

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
sorry looks like i posted in the wrong section....the truck was like this when I got it.. it was a crash repair i purchased . so I am not sure how long it was like this. I will have to pull the pan and see what the filter looks like. hope for the best! thanks

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trans are the same aren't they?? Does sound like a band slipping ... you can try some Lucas type stuff but it's a bainaid at this point I would think ...

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Trans are the same aren't they?? Does sound like a band slipping ... you can try some Lucas type stuff but it's a bainaid at this point I would think ...

yea once the symptoms are there, the only real fix is to replace.

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
well i will check the filter... funny thing is that it seems to shift firm into 2ed gear firm 3rd is a little soft and I can see the rpms jump as it shifts into 4th. At this point is a boost valve worth the money or just bring it in if the filter is OK?

FilthyHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i will check the filter... funny thing is that it seems to shift firm into 2ed gear firm 3rd is a little soft and I can see the rpms jump as it shifts into 4th. At this point is a boost valve worth the money or just bring it in if the filter is OK?

Once you get the "Flare of Death" its too late.

once you have slip it wont cure its self

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
any idea what the going rate is for a 4L60e rebuild is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weeda3068