Transmission Troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sopethree

Reaction score
my 99 hoe just started doing some weird transmission things yesterday, i was wondering if you guys could help.

it will shift fin thru first second and third but when it gets to forth it seems like it cannot decide weather to go into forth or third. it was fine up until 5 o clock last night when i got off the highway. i took out the abs fuze to unlock the torque converter and still had the problem.

anyone have any ideas wtf is up?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Does it seem like it is slipping from 3-4 or shift harshly from 3-4? And what is the condition of tranny fluid?

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Also what directions prompted you to remove the abs fuse?

OP
OP
sopethree

sopethree

Reaction score
Does it seem like it is slipping from 3-4 or shift harshly from 3-4? And what is the condition of tranny fluid?

it does not shift hard. it shifts softly. but up and down every second or two. i had some work done recently and they said they topped off the tranny fluid. idk what the conndition is

OP
OP
sopethree

sopethree

Reaction score
By any chance was the work related to anything below.

nop. i got a new taillight, 2 u joints, a radiator. and when i picked it up he said he topped off the tranny fluid for me for what ever reason

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You should check the condition of the fluid for color and smell today and ensure that the shop used the correct fluid. If all turns out to be ok I would asume you have accumulator problems since your second gear working fine would eliminate the 2-4 band circuit. Would not hurt to have it scanned for tranny codes that don't light up the dash. Could help give some insight as to what is going on.

OP
OP
sopethree

sopethree

Reaction score
You should check the condition of the fluid for color and smell today and ensure that the shop used the correct fluid. If all turns out to be ok I would asume you have accumulator problems since your second gear working fine would eliminate the 2-4 band circuit. Would not hurt to have it scanned for tranny codes that don't light up the dash. Could help give some insight as to what is going on.

alright bro. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925