TruCool 40k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigSachsy1

BigSachsy1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
those worm clamps wil leak eventually. getting these would be better for the long term, they make it all plug-n-play tight no leaks.
View attachment 435789View attachment 435790
I didnt cut any of the metal trans lines, as you can see I just put the hoses right onto the existing ones as it seemed the ends were already flared. So plug and play is exactly what I'm going for, so thank you. Gonna order these right now

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt cut any of the metal trans lines, as you can see I just put the hoses right onto the existing ones as it seemed the ends were already flared. So plug and play is exactly what I'm going for, so thank you. Gonna order these right now
you need 2 of each

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From all the people who have had to replace their transmission because the radiator leaked coolant into the transmission side of the radiator advise you to bypass the radiator. Ask me how I know this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From all the people who have had to replace their transmission because the radiator leaked coolant into the transmission side of the radiator advise you to bypass the radiator. Ask me how I know this.
have to wonder if those people purchased the cheapest radiator they could find?, normally quality issue's go hand in hand. having it happen with a oem radiator has to be quite rare

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have to wonder if those people purchased the cheapest radiator they could find?, normally quality issue's go hand in hand. having it happen with a oem radiator has to be quite rare
I bought my Tahoe with 144k on it so don't know if radiator was OEM or not but it trashed a pretty new transmission when it went. We got our Yukon Denali at 100K and the radiator was leaking externally OEM or not I have no idea.
Some recommend replacing the radiator with a tranny rebuild some recommend to bypass it. It's advice take it or leave it, personally if I put in a trucool I would bypass the rad.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my Tahoe with 144k on it so don't know if radiator was OEM or not but it trashed a pretty new transmission when it went. We got our Yukon Denali at 100K and the radiator was leaking externally OEM or not I have no idea.
Some recommend replacing the radiator with a tranny rebuild some recommend to bypass it. It's advice take it or leave it, personally if I put in a trucool I would bypass the rad.
age and maintenance can certainly play a factor, the older a original radiator gets the less I trust it. I flush my coolant annualy, gm says it is rated to 100k but thats a load of b.s.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Those same folks probably didn't use coolant and used water. Water will rust the internal radiator cooler since it's made out of carbon steel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Gumbo