Upgraded Rotors & Calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the the other combination of Centric rotors and Hawk pads have decent reviews, they will cost more than the R1Concepts package as well. That being said, since he is running 24's, the added rolling resistance does make a difference, even with the better braking packages that come stock on the GMT900 trucks. IMHO, if you are going to run the larger rims like that, there is no reason not to upgrade and save yourself the time and trouble involved with waiting.

The issue with the stock equipment is that the majority of the time you have some type of lifetime pad installed and in any kind of city stop and go or mountain driving the brakes get hot and begin to fade. They do not have to squeal or warp to fade due to heat. Then like stated by Edgar, if you happen to need them for an emergency stop you will be wishing you had the upgraded parts for sure.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

How did the truck swerve? Trying to get an idea since I haven't had to experience slamming on brakes and swerving. Do the ABS brakes allow your to steer fine while hard braking? Or does it just kinda skid in that direction?

I believe that he meant that he had to swerve to avoid hitting the mazda because the truck wasn't stopping fast enough. Not that it swerved on it's own...

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
I believe that he meant that he had to swerve to avoid hitting the mazda because the truck wasn't stopping fast enough. Not that it swerved on it's own...

Well, unless we live 50 years in the future, the truck obviously doesn't swerve on it's own. I meant swerving WHILE braking. How does it handle.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Handles great happened to me and I'm on 24s

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks was hoping my rank would change though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member