Upgrading gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the sticker in your glove box will tell you just about everything you would want to know about your ride. Even printed on there is the paint code, if you need to know what color you have or if you are repainting.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Oh and to answer your original question. I'd take it to a shop unless you have some axles to practice with and all the right tools.

If for instance you had a 3 inch BL, 33 inch tires, 4.10 gears, and an extended hitch, you'd probably be fine in towing situations and your gas mileage would probably be fine.

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put 373 in mine and watching my buddy do it...no way i would have know what the hell to do and id like to think im pretty mechanically inclined. i have no noise and i had 308's so it was a huge difference once i had it re-tuned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weeda3068