Upgrading my 2010 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarad Kirby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm new on the forum game. I'm interested in upgrading the performance on my 2010 Tahoe ls 2wd with the 5.3.
I was thinking along the lines of:
Exhaust
Tune (black bear I assume)
Cold air intake
Camming the motor
Headers

Looking for some tips. Do's and don'ts. Recommendations, whatever knowladge you got let me know!
Thanks!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

For now i just have....
Cai- k&n blackhawk
Range afm disabler- just put it in and drove the truck for an hour...love it
Slp resonator delete- in process of installing

Truck sounds better with cai and now with range thing i stay out of v4 and i have a better throttle response(in my head anyway)

Future....
Magnaflow 12589
Bb tune- in person or autocal
Complete afm delete motor kit and cam-(the more i read up on here the more i want to do it but 3kids come first)
Trans upgrade- i also have a snow plow so this is kind of a necessity/protection kind of mod

Good luck and be careful, mods will empty your wallet and gas tank....;)

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

I have a 2011.

Installed the Airaid Jr Intake set up, SLP Res delete and the Range AFM and I love the sound and the performance.

The sound is nice and not loud while cruising. Once you punch it, it gives it a nice growl!

I did a lot of research on this especially the intake and every says to go with the Airaid Jr - which is swapping out the tubing and just dropping in a filter into the stock box.

I believe Black Bear did a test on it and this came out as the best performance.

You will not be disappointed with the 3 things I listed. If you need to add more, go right ahead!

JT

Pb82Ronin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bump...my thoughts.

What do you want out of it? Did you know the 4.8 and the 5.3 are the same motor? Only difference is the crank throw. You can put on a Trick Flow top end kit with a tune and pretty much smoke everyone else out there.

https://www.trickflow.com/parts/tfs-k305-455-425

Put that and a blower on her...slap in a looser converter and you're killing stock Camaro's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap