Used Vehicle / Dealership Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last month I purchased a GM Certified 2008 Tahoe. I felt pretty good about the purchased at the time. I've only finished my second tank of gas and I'm already starting to feel differently.

When I first got the vehicle, I noticed that the coolant level was a little bit low (even though the "certification" had a check mark next to the coolant box). I took it back, they added coolant, and said everything was good.

I then noticed that the backup sensor didn't seem to be functioning properly. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30796
They told me that I had it disabled; I knew that this was untrue but took their word that it was working properly. I took it home and have the same issue.

Now tonight, I take it down the street to get some Subway and I notice that the A/C smells like coolant when I start it up. Well, I'm no technician but I think I've found where my coolant has been going.

I guess I'll call the dealership back in the morning so the service department can treat me like they don't have time for me and I'm inconveniencing them by making an appointment again. The back story is that when I called about the sensor, the guy that answered the phone told me how busy they were and discouraged me from bringing it in. I told him that I'd like an appointment and he got huffy-puffy and made me one for the next Monday. Fast forward to Monday, I bring my truck in and viola! No appointment on record / drop it off for a couple days. Now here I stand, two days later, having only owned the vehicle for a month, feeling like I lost that loving feeling.

I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't have purchased a used vehicle.[/rant]

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Take it to a different dealership. That is ridiculous.
Don't give up yet on your new ride just because you are getting the run around.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... drop it off for a couple days. Now here I stand, two days later, having only owned the vehicle for a month, feeling like I lost that loving feeling.

This must be going on at all Chevrolet dealerships.

My local dealership, the only one in town, likes to keep a car for 2 or 3 days.

Earl33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
**** like that is why I hate dealerships service departments. I went round and round with a service manager over a catalytic converter that was stopped up and under warranty. He was telling me that I had a mis and I needed some ******** repair and that's why it stopped up. I told him he was full of shit and to put a converter on it and give me a call when it was done. If it didn't run after the new converter I would come get it on a trailer and take it back to the private shop who told me it was the converter. Drove it for another 70,000 miles and never had another issue. Truck got wrecked last Dec. And was still running strong. Also have had run-ins with Nissan Service departments. I thought I was going to bail my girlfriend out of jail after she went off on the service manager and his lil blonde nitwit that answers the phone.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Service departments should be there to take care of the customers, and IF its a warranty item, they still get paid. If they act rude, I leave and let EVERYONE know about it. I agree, see if you can find another dealer. Some DO want your business....sad they don't obviously.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's Certified you should be taken care of nicely. I, too, would try a different dealership, though :Handshake:

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt they even inspected the vehicle in the first place. Certified is like additional insurance.

Dealers do take a long time to fix vehicles these days. I wouldn't take my vehicle to them to repair outside of the warranty since they just use the trial and error technique with you paying the bills for work that wasn't required.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers do take a long time to fix vehicles these days.

Well, they shouldn't. When you buy a $55,000 dollar vehicle, you shouldn't have to leave it sitting on their lot getting dented and scratched when they can evaluate the problem and replace a defective part in short order. Soccer mom comes in to pick up her old 8 year van and opens the drivers door into the side of your brand new month old vehicle.

The last time I left my Excursion at the Ford dealer, I rode by to see where it was and if they had finished it yet. A $200 piece of absolute crap was parked 12" from it. Anybody getting into or out of this $200 piece of junk would have to had layed their doors against my paint.

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt they even inspected the vehicle in the first place. Certified is like additional insurance.

Dealers do take a long time to fix vehicles these days. I wouldn't take my vehicle to them to repair outside of the warranty since they just use the trial and error technique with you paying the bills for work that wasn't required.

I have been lucky. My dealership sets appointments and stands by them. They kept me informed as I waited, letting me know how long they thought it would be.

Seriously, try a different dealership. Seems they are about 50/50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoyZ71