Used Vehicle / Dealership Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dealt with three dealers, when I had work done on my hoe under warranty, 1 of them sucked, thee other were great. Did you buy your hoe at a chevrolet dealer, or a mom and pop dealer. If it's a Chevy dealer, then just go to another dealer, if it's a mom and pop dealer, well you get what you paid for, I don't mean it in a bad way. But it is what it is. Good luck men, let us know what dealer it is that gave you the bad service, so all of us avoid it. This hoes are great, don't give up on her yet :cheers:

Humy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you buy your hoe at a chevrolet dealer, or a mom and pop dealer.

to be GM certified, you have to buy it from a GM dealership

I am in the market for a certified Tahoe and am not looking forward to dealing with the Chevy stealership, I remember those days when I bought my Vette 10 years ago. I am sure they didn't look at my car a couple times when I went in with too much information and research, they just took what I said and always wanted to replace everything, not try to fix anything.

totally different experience at Jaguar though, even though I had the entry level one... gonna miss the AWD X-Type, but the Tahoe will be a nice change

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
I doubt they even inspected the vehicle in the first place. Certified is like additional insurance.

Dealers do take a long time to fix vehicles these days. I wouldn't take my vehicle to them to repair outside of the warranty since they just use the trial and error technique with you paying the bills for work that wasn't required.

Certified is more than "additional insurance". It gives you a 12 month 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty in addition to the 3/36,000 mile new warranty.

I bought my car that way and it will probably be the only way I will buy from now on.

http://www.gmcertified.com/certified-advantage

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certified is more than "additional insurance". It gives you a 12 month 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty in addition to the 3/36,000 mile new warranty.

Sounds attractive, eh? But it is misleading somewhat. If you buy a 24 month old car with 24,000 miles on it, your total warranty is still only 3 years and 36,000 miles. The 12 month/12,000 mile warranty does not start when the 36 month/36,000 miles ends. It starts the day you buy the 24 month old car with 24,000 miles on it.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Sounds attractive, eh? But it is misleading somewhat. If you buy a 24 month old car with 24,000 miles on it, your total warranty is still only 3 years and 36,000 miles. The 12 month/12,000 mile warranty does not start when the 36 month/36,000 miles ends. It starts the day you buy the 24 month old car with 24,000 miles on it.

Not true. If you buy a car that is certified and exactly 2 years old and exactly 24,000 miles on it, you add another year or 12,000 miles to it (taking it to 4/ 48,000).
Also, if it was a 2006 or older, it bumps up to 5/100,000 powertrain from original in service date.

see page 3 of this brochure.
http://www.gmcertified.com/themes/default/pdf/GMCertified_brochure_09.pdf

also see paragraph 6 of this article.

http://www.autowarrantyinsight.com/general-motors-increases-certified-pre-owned-warranty/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kolt-46

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally spoke with the service manager today after several days of phone tag. He assured me that all of my issues (including my newly discovered cracked dash) would be resolved. He even said that my warranty would cover my worn out a/c controls. I'm hoping that this goes as well as he assured me it would.

I'm glad that I bought GM Certified.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
I finally spoke with the service manager today after several days of phone tag. He assured me that all of my issues (including my newly discovered cracked dash) would be resolved. He even said that my warranty would cover my worn out a/c controls. I'm hoping that this goes as well as he assured me it would.

I'm glad that I bought GM Certified.

And if they start giving you crap, take it somewhere else. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoyZ71