Valve tick or normal sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All, I wanted to update this thread with a new video after I just changed the oil from Valvoline 5w30 synthetic to Mobile 1 5w30 syn with the same purlator boss filter. I am only at 101600 miles as I do not drive the truck much. However, I want to take it from PA to OBX in september and want to see what all i should do. Oil pressure has been great with no issues and the truck runs great. Still SLOWLY working on my transmission 3-2 rough downshift but got the brakes all squared away but this noise just seems louder to me. Please take a listen if ya'll have time and compare it to the previous ones. All my exhaust manifold bolts appear tight and I am not sure what is next to check. I do have a Tech2 but am not really familiar with what to check. I am willing to take the valve covers off and see what I find regrading the rockers and such but if that would be the next option, I have some follow up questions for that. Let me know what you think.

Edit: I did refill the oil filter as suggested previously. Also when I accelerate the noise seems to go away.

Revving
@Geotrash sorry to call on you but value your opinion based on your activity here. Any thoughts on how to best proceed next?
I’m sorry I missed your tag for me. I listened to both and that engine sounds healthy to me, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road