Very Hard 1-2 shift, Service Stabilitrak Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlktahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Elizabeth,

I'd love to have someone look in to these issues. Especially because we think we were ripped off by the first dealership and I don't think we should pay for the badge repair on such a new vehicle. I would like to request that the contact go the other way though. If you could give me your GM contact info, that would be great. I am hesitant to throw out my personal info to someone on a forum. Thanks.

ArmyNCO63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Tahoe...same problems

I a have a 07 Tahoe, that we just bought about 6 months ago and twice the service stbilitrak, T/c off has happened. This time however it has not gone off. its been on for two days. Now I am in the Army and stationed 32 miles form the nearest anything, and 67 miles form the nearest chevy/GM dealership, I am constantly training and am gone for 19 days out of every month. My wife told me the other day what had happend and with my to small childen in the vehicle while on the highway. I hope that the dealer ship can fix this. My unit is gonna give me the day off to take care of this situation. I sure hope they can fix it that day.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ArmyNCO63,

I am very sorry to hear about your issue. When do you plan on taking your vehicle into the dealership? Please keep me updated with this issue.

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

ArmyNCO63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Elizabeth,

I am taking it in tomorrow, I still have the power train warranty, and purchased the extended warranty. They told me today over the phone that we would still have to pay a $50.00 fee. I don't know about this though. They also told us that it may not be covered under our warranty because it may be a computer problem. Thank you in advance for you help!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ArmyNCO63,

I am glad to see you are taking it into your dealer for a diagnosis. Please let me know what your dealership has to say about this issue.

Thank you

ArmyNCO63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have taken my vehicle down to the dealer ship, and they told me it was a dirty throttle body and a fouled plug. They want to charge me 160.00, pplus 50:00 fo the inspection to fix it and said that none of it is under warranty. I don't believe this I just bought this thing 7,000 miles ago and I already have to shell out over 200.00.

dlktahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ArmyNC063,

We were also charged for "servicing/cleaning" the throttle body, claiming it was regular maintenance. The problem reoccurred, requiring the throttle body to be replaced under warranty.

Anyone else find the GM customer service person that posts on here a little odd? She posted " However, I would like to look into this for you. Could you please send me your full contact information including your VIN and current mileage?
Thank you Elizabeth, GM Customer Service"

I requested HER contact info instead, got no response...? Her profile makes no mention of representing GM. I am not giving my info to anyone...that much I am sure.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ArmyNC063,

We were also charged for "servicing/cleaning" the throttle body, claiming it was regular maintenance. The problem reoccurred, requiring the throttle body to be replaced under warranty.

Anyone else find the GM customer service person that posts on here a little odd? She posted " However, I would like to look into this for you. Could you please send me your full contact information including your VIN and current mileage?

I requested HER contact info instead, got no response...? Her profile makes no mention of representing GM. I am not giving my info to anyone...that much I am sure.

dlktahoe,

I am sorry I did not see you request my information. I will message you about this issue. I promise you that I am legitimate. If you have doubts, you can ask the people who have spoken to our Customer Assistance Center. I am the one who sets up the cases for them and send them off to the Customer Assistance Center. I have to have some sort of power to make that happen, correct? I understand that putting your information out here on the Internet is scary sometimes, but I promise you, the only thing I use anyone’s information for is to send it along for review. From there, Customer Assistance looks at it and sees what they can do to help the situation.

Thank you

Last edited:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FYI I have been working with Geoff with GM on this board and he is legit. He has helped to coordinate visits with my local Chevrolet dealer and communication with GM Customer Support.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI I have been working with Geoff with GM on this board and he is legit. He has helped to coordinate visits with my local Chevrolet dealer and communication with GM Customer Support.

zed 71,

I am glad to hear that Geoff helped you with your issue. Geoff no longer works on this forum. As of right now, I am the only GM Representative on this forum. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968