Very Hard 1-2 shift, Service Stabilitrak Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlam13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also will note that the stabilitrak also took out my RPM gauge during that episode the other day, but was fine after restarting. Seems to me that this stabilitrak issue is

I had the same issue last weekend towing a trailer after 4 hours driving on the highway, the A/C also stopped working. I pulled over & checked wires, fuses, etc. Started up & ran OK. Drove on with Stabilitrak turned off, happened again after 4 hrs driving on level road. Also had the hard shifting after Service Stabilitrak message.
Very worried about reliability now

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should be getting the yukon back today hopefully. Extended warranty covers it to get it back in working order. However, they tell me there are some sort of wires or something that needs to be replaced. They say not covered under warranty and will cost about a thousand bucks. WHAT!!!!!!! I told them to just forget that for now and get the truck in working order. I have to find out exactly what they are talking about. This is ridiculous!

I'm happy to hear your dealer was able to resolve the issue. Please keep us posted.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

fldin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon SLT with 200k miles. Lately having an intermittent problem where the service stabilitrak and traction control light would come on. I am also experiencing a hard shift when the accelerating from idle but this has been intermittent.

It started to happen after I got the car back from the Periodic Motor Vehicle Inspection place. I know they tested the brakes on each set of wheels using rollers/dynamometer. I am suspecting that this might have damaged the stability system since the test was performed one axle at a time, without disabling the stabilitrak and traction control. Any idea how serious this problem is or what needs to be done to fix it?

Thanks.

StormTrooper2181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also having the stabilitrak, t/c lights issue. Its intermittent, just as everyone already mentioned, accompanied by a very hard 1-2 shift. My battery terminal has been coming loose lately, so Im going to replace the terminal and charge it. Hopefully that is the issue. From what I have been reading, a drained battery will throw those fault lights. If it is not this, what do you guys suggest next? Wheel bearing sensors followed by ABS sensors?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also having the stabilitrak, t/c lights issue. Its intermittent, just as everyone already mentioned, accompanied by a very hard 1-2 shift. My battery terminal has been coming loose lately, so Im going to replace the terminal and charge it. Hopefully that is the issue. From what I have been reading, a drained battery will throw those fault lights. If it is not this, what do you guys suggest next? Wheel bearing sensors followed by ABS sensors?

StormTrooper2181,

Have you been able to get this issue resolved? Has the vehicle been inspected for this issue?

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service

StormTrooper2181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I still have the same problem, and it is becoming more often. I was seeing if anyone had any input on here before bringing it to a dealer. Cant really afford a $500 bill right now.

Brock

Reaction score
ME TOO!!! Service Stabilitrak & Traction Control + engine light lights up, but with mine the truck is stuck in 6th gear!!! I can use park & reverse though. I'v got 125,000 mi. & bought it w/ 88,000 (had it for 2yrs)

This has happened to me 20-30 times. Sometimes it just goes away after you turn it off, but usually the engine light stays on for a while.

Last year I went to a car wash & used the engine cleaner cycle & soaked
the drivetrain F&R. This was only a temporary fix for 6-8 mo.

Also been through the battery problems. Replaced it a year ago & seems fine now. Mine just went dead as a hammer in no time - no lights-clock nothing!

Would love to hear a cure for these Gremlins without going to the dealership.
Replaced both wheel bearings & that won't cheep!

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Oh, Metro if you do buy a Range Rover, you better buy two of em. You will need an extra vehicle to drive while the other one is in the shop!!!

seabas22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Unicorns are back at it again...Friday I lost all the gauges on my dash again but still lights up and drove just fine just had no gauges or any info on the dash. I started pulling fuses after I stopped next and finally got it restart with all gauges working again. Saturday I had no issues. Sunday was full of fun. Stupid Stabilitrak service message appeared while driving on the highway at which point the vehicle stalled, and I lost power steering and brakes! I pulled off the shoulder and tried restarting and it went into a spastic starting but wouldn't turn over and actually start, and I had to turn the key all the way off accessory because it kept starting itself! I got out under the hood and pulled fuse #46 labelled "IPC". I restarted the vehicle and it was fine until I got within a few miles of my destination. Stabilitrak service came back on and I lost my RPM gauge and the transmission went into the hard shifts and not being in the right gear. After stopping the vehicle, I turn it off, open the door, close the door and try to restart the engine, and it goes back into the spastic starting but the engine won't turn over and start, and continues to start itself until the key is all the way off. I turn it off, pop the hood and pull #46 fuse again and put it back. It starts back up like nothing happened. On the way back home Stabilitrak happens again just after getting on the highway and stalls out again, no power steering/brakes. I get out pull fuse #46 and it starts back up fine. I get almost back home it Stabilitrak happens again at a red light and stalls out again. I get out, pull fuse #46 again, starts back up, and shortly again stabilitrak service comes back and kills my RPM gauge and does it's hard shifts and wrong gears until I stop again, pull fuse #46 again and then I make it home the last few miles fine. I made another short trip after that and had no issues. So I know it's only a matter a time until this Stabilirak issue comes back, but of course it will behave fine when I bring in to get looked at.

After I pull the IPC fuse I get a Service Battery Charging System message and the battery light come on the dash, I don't think this has anything to do the issue, and this goes away after a few hours. I think I only get this message because the IPC knows it had no power and thinks there is another issue when I pull the fuse.

Within the last few months or so I've had some rumbling idling shortly after starting and sitting at the first red light or two. The RPM gauge will start rocking up and down around 500RPM and I feel like it's going to stall but never did, at least while I had no Stabilitrak error message. The check engine light also came on more recently and had it read, which was relating to an oxygen sensor.

Sreagan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2009 Tahoe Issues

I have had my Tahoe back to the dealer 4 times for the lights coming on for Stabilitrak and Service Tire Monitor. They told me it was because of the 22" tires and then they said it was the after market air intake thing. Basically they are clueless as how to get these lights off. I now am trying to sell the vehicle and I know this issue is going to cause me a problem as someone is test driving the car and all these lights come on! It always happens when the car is idling for any period, like at a red light etc. I don't know where to turn to have this corrected and I need to get it sold! Help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts