Vette Servos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2005SnowKon

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a mod that can be done with the transmission still in the vehicle? I havent looked at mine in a while so im not even sure. I also assume that you would have to drain the trans pan when you do this.

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done have to drain the pan. dont even touch the pan its on the passenger side after you remove a heat sheild. Google 4L60e servo i forget where but theres a couple good writups on it. Could even be on here. Figure 1 hr of time and use patience. Biggest thing is make sure the snap ring is seated all the way around in the grove. Confirm it ,dont assume your good.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make ABSOLUTELY sure the snap ring is in place. My cousin didn't and assumed it was in place... 45 miles later it came loose and caused havoc. He said during a shift he heard something slam and there was fluid everywhere when he pulled over. I installed mine without a hitch and love it.

OP
OP
2005SnowKon

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it make a huge difference after its been done? This is something im definatly going to get next weekend. Hopefully atleast ordered.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it make a huge difference after its been done? This is something im definatly going to get next weekend. Hopefully atleast ordered.

It's not something that you will be blown away by but it is noticeable. The shifts aren't so much harder but rather they seem to be quicker. I've also heard that having your truck tuned will make it more pronounced. Worth $25 for sure.

OP
OP
2005SnowKon

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea im planning on getting a tune for it also, just not sure what is out there that is worth it. I live in colorado so we have thinner air than most places. Everyone says BB tune but im not sure. I know i posted this thread about servos but just wondering what else besides the BB tune would you guys recommend

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done as much to mine as I would like but I can speak for a few things. I did the servo($25), drop in k&n(found in amazon for $33), and I also have an airaid M.I.T.(modular intake tube) coupled with the Swiss cheese mod. I LOVE all of them. The intake tube just replaces the stock tube and leaves the same air filter box. It sounds aggressive when you get down on it and I love that sound. It's airaid 200-919 for my 05 Yukon. Trendsauto on ebay sells the tube I got and has a best offer option. I offered $90 and he counter offered and I countered moving up $5 each time and got it for $100, about $22 less than buy it now. Sorry if that just sounds like rambling. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DurtyCurty840