vibration at high speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rippinitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i get this very noticeable vibration at around 85mph, when i get to 90-95 you can hear and feel it pretty easily. i do understand its a truck lol. just wondering if its normal. my tires are michelin ltx ms2s 265/70/16. is there something wrong? or is it normal? thanks.

Last edited:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try getting the tires rebalanced. And if you have aftermarket wheels, market sure the small retaining clips are removed from the wheel studs. They are small clips to hold the rotors in place as the truck is assembled. The stock wheels have a small indentation to clear the clips, aftermarket wheels do not.

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol keep it under 80 and youll be good. check the tires for even wear or dry rotting. n like scottyboy said get them re-balanced

OP
OP
rippinitup

rippinitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i try to keep under 80. have never gotten a speeding ticket yet, just wanted to see if it was normal or not. my tires are have been balanced and aligned. is it possible the balance was not done well? 80mph and below rides so smooth. and even at those high speeds my steering wheel as no play. thanks for the replies guys. and wheels are oem and the tires are a 265/70/16. i wrote 260 is the first post. let me edit that.

Last edited:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've taken cars in to get the tires balanced and had weights fall off on the way home!! I'd take them back in and have them double check them!

Biggmann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mind did the same thing, rebalanced the tires and that should do it..

OP
OP
rippinitup

rippinitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO i did a re-balance for $50, didnt seem to help the problem much. and if it did maybe it helped just a BIT. could it be the tire that causes the vibration? the tires i bought new and currently have less then 10k miles.

94z28guy

Reaction score
Is it factory wheels? Are thy putting hammer on weights on both inside AND outside lip? Balancing requires someone that gives a shit, sticky weights do well as long as there is a tech willing to give a shit. If your Positive it isnt a tire/wheel issue then check the u joints.

OP
OP
rippinitup

rippinitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it factory wheels? Are thy putting hammer on weights on both inside AND outside lip? Balancing requires someone that gives a shit, sticky weights do well as long as there is a tech willing to give a shit. If your Positive it isnt a tire/wheel issue then check the u joints.

yea factory wheels. and yea inside and outside of the wheel. i have no clue would it could be. its super smooth and other speeds. 70-75 super smooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut