Voluntary 2009 Yukon throttle sensor recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get that letter?

"This letter is intended to make you aware that some 2009 model year GMC Yukon vehicles, equipped with a V8 engine, may have a condition where the throttle position sensor may cause the engine to run rough and cause the malfunction indicator lamp and/or an Engine Reduced Power message to illuminate. If this occurs, it could result in reduced engine power.

Do not take your vehicle to your GMC dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that your vehicle has the condition as described above."

I think i had this as I was accelerating uphill on a highway... ended up going <20mph uphill being honked at and passed by hundreds of cars and I had the reduced power message

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got it for my Tahoe, so it seems to be trucks with the 6.2 or just 2009's. That's not the most expensive part to replace, but I do like that they pushed the warranty out to 120K miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan