What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Picked up a set of 18" Titan Pro-4x wheels and set of Michelin tires with 60-70% tread life for $450. 93ceffc679378bbb28088097d2d82b33.jpg
This is what they looked like on the previous owners 04 Tahoe z71.
65271df3b6f816b53a01f805d874875e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the nissan wheel club :happy160:
Check my build thread I made chevy center caps for those nissan wheels.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stripped the rear quarter panel inside, sprayfoamed between the inner and outer skins. Going to build another enclosure in the rear for my 10's.

Last edited:

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a nice project.

The Yukon XL has a fold-down center seat in the front, I was going to remove it and build a center-console enclosure. But, I sometimes have a truck full of tools and materials, keeping the seat allows me to have two passengers if necessary.

Not going huge with the build, just an enclosure of about 4 1/4 cu ft in the rear quarter. Building from the floor right up to the window line, 10" subs recessed in 1 1/2" and firing into the rear, 4" port forward. Only running 500 watts to the pair of 10's, not going to move a ton of air, so I don't think I have to worry about any port noise.

The JVC head unit I just swapped in for the stock unit sounds just fine, plenty loud (for now). Just going to run the Sub Out to the Lightning Audio 1000.1D. I am going overkill and running 1/0 ga wire to a distribution block, and then 4 ga to the amp. I have a 600 watt power inverter I'm going to run off another leg of the distribution block. Both will be mounted under the rear seats.

I have plenty of room under the seats, even folded down. My kids are gargantuan (son is 15 today, and is 6'2, 350 lbs, daughter is 13, and is 5'11"), so I had to move the rear seats back - made some brackets to move them back 2 1/2", and raised them up about 1/2" in the process. Gave me enough clearance for the amp and inverter. I actually have enough room if I should want to add a 4-channel amp for the doors.

When I actually get everything in and completed, the rear doors, quarter windows and hatch are getting tinted over the factory tint with 20%. I don't want anyone to see anything in the rear, but I do need to be able to see when backing up - otherwise I'd go 5% all the way around.

dhulsey779

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Yukon XL has a fold-down center seat in the front, I was going to remove it and build a center-console enclosure. But, I sometimes have a truck full of tools and materials, keeping the seat allows me to have two passengers if necessary.

Not going huge with the build, just an enclosure of about 4 1/4 cu ft in the rear quarter. Building from the floor right up to the window line, 10" subs recessed in 1 1/2" and firing into the rear, 4" port forward. Only running 500 watts to the pair of 10's, not going to move a ton of air, so I don't think I have to worry about any port noise.

The JVC head unit I just swapped in for the stock unit sounds just fine, plenty loud (for now). Just going to run the Sub Out to the Lightning Audio 1000.1D. I am going overkill and running 1/0 ga wire to a distribution block, and then 4 ga to the amp. I have a 600 watt power inverter I'm going to run off another leg of the distribution block. Both will be mounted under the rear seats.

I have plenty of room under the seats, even folded down. My kids are gargantuan (son is 15 today, and is 6'2, 350 lbs, daughter is 13, and is 5'11"), so I had to move the rear seats back - made some brackets to move them back 2 1/2", and raised them up about 1/2" in the process. Gave me enough clearance for the amp and inverter. I actually have enough room if I should want to add a 4-channel amp for the doors.

When I actually get everything in and completed, the rear doors, quarter windows and hatch are getting tinted over the factory tint with 20%. I don't want anyone to see anything in the rear, but I do need to be able to see when backing up - otherwise I'd go 5% all the way around.

I did 15% on the 2 rear back windows, and 20% on the rear. No issues when seeing at the rear glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
[QUOTE="BigDaddy13440, post:

I have plenty of room under the seats even folded down. My kids are gargantuan (son is 15 today, and is 6'2, 350 lbs, daughter is 13, and is 5'11"), so I had to move the rear seats back - made some brackets to move them back 2 1/2", and raised them up about 1/2" in the process. Gave me enough clearance for the amp and inverter. I actually have enough room if I should want to add a 4-channel .[/QUOTE]

Those are some big ass kids!! Lol

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided since I can't find a DDM tuning HID bulb to match the white that my Auxbeam Led light bars are, i went ahead and bought a set of Auxbeam F-16 9005s and 9006s, if these don't match, I give up, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52