What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally put the HD hood on my 03 to finish the conversion. Still a lot of prep and paint to be done but I'm just glad it's on. 2f07f36219e60ad761d414e63a0722b9.jpg
415fc5ac122fcd4726ac9702f23ece98.jpg
5dbb31a581c831bd088ca39433b9c4b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found an 01 single cab long bed roller for 500 bucks. My dad needed a bed so we spilt it. I've been parting the rest out and I've made about 300 profit. So if you consider -$300 cheap then I guess I got a good deal lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so for the past two days my steering rack went from this:
Old Rack.JPG
To This:
New Rack.JPG
The Part List:
- Rare Parts HD pitman arm
- Rare Parts HD Tie Rods (with my Polyurathane dust boots)
- Rare Parts HD Idler arm bracket
- Moog idler arm
- Moog centerlink
- Cognito pitman/idler arm support kit

The Trial: Took me a while to break off the old idler arm with an air hammer and pickle fork and one try to remove the "dreaded" pitman arm. I did have to remove all three steering gearbox bolts to get the perfect angle to remove the pitman arm, but I was ready to remove the whole gearbox out of the truck, so I was smitten. I was glad I spent the extra money on a new centerlink because I could not break the pitman and idler from the centerlink and tried everything aside from heat.

The Tribulations:
1. I couldn't use the cognito brace on the idler side, it would practically sit on the sway bar. I might attempt it again down the road. I was on a time crunch and it was too rainy for me to sit around and screw with it all day.
2. I had to remove my KYB steering stabilizer because the bracket hits the cognito brace. Not too upset at it, I wanted to create my own with a stiffer valved bilstein or fox shock that'll use different brackets due to different strokes.
3. The newfound responsive steering heightened the feeling of how ****** my shocks are. Now I'm looking at bilstein's since I get a good discount through my work.

The Results: In short, night and day difference! No more play, way more responsive, Still wish it felt heavier though, but that'll come with a better valved gearbox. Went around 75 on the way home from the alignment shop in torrential downpour and it tracked straight. The real test will be my route to work. Theres one section on the freeway that always gets squirrely, especially when theres standing water.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, so for the past two days my steering rack went from this:
View attachment 68556
To This:
View attachment 68561
The Part List:
- Rare Parts HD pitman arm
- Rare Parts HD Tie Rods (with my Polyurathane dust boots)
- Rare Parts HD Idler arm bracket
- Moog idler arm
- Moog centerlink
- Cognito pitman/idler arm support kit

The Trial: Took me a while to break off the old idler arm with an air hammer and pickle fork and one try to remove the "dreaded" pitman arm. I did have to remove all three steering gearbox bolts to get the perfect angle to remove the pitman arm, but I was ready to remove the whole gearbox out of the truck, so I was smitten. I was glad I spent the extra money on a new centerlink because I could not break the pitman and idler from the centerlink and tried everything aside from heat.

The Tribulations:
1. I couldn't use the cognito brace on the idler side, it would practically sit on the sway bar. I might attempt it again down the road. I was on a time crunch and it was too rainy for me to sit around and screw with it all day.
2. I had to remove my KYB steering stabilizer because the bracket hits the cognito brace. Not too upset at it, I wanted to create my own with a stiffer valved bilstein or fox shock that'll use different brackets due to different strokes.
3. The newfound responsive steering heightened the feeling of how ****** my shocks are. Now I'm looking at bilstein's since I get a good discount through my work.

The Results: In short, night and day difference! No more play, way more responsive, Still wish it felt heavier though, but that'll come with a better valved gearbox. Went around 75 on the way home from the alignment shop in torrential downpour and it tracked straight. The real test will be my route to work. Theres one section on the freeway that always gets squirrely, especially when theres standing water.
Awesome work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts