What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well LED tails looked a little to bright on the truck and I lost my cruise when they were on so I picked up some load resistors to fix cruise and lightly tinted them.
Here's before
23532b37.gif

And after light tint, keep in mind this is inside pic so there not as dark
72a019e4.jpg

Should I lightly smoke the reverse light so they don't stick out as much?

Looks good, basically the same as the tinted version that they sell as well. I have them and love em! I would say tint the reverse light as well but that's just me, depends how much they really dim or if you even care if you can see when reversing lol.

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of paint are you using?

I brushed them on with duplicolor paint kit from Advanced. I would use a different brush though. The one they give you falls apart. I like doing it that way so I can leave them in and touch them up whenever. No problems with chipping since its enamel I just wanted a fresh coat. They hadnt been painted in about 4 yrs.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

Sweet_N_Low

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brushed them on with duplicolor paint kit from Advanced. I would use a different brush though. The one they give you falls apart. I like doing it that way so I can leave them in and touch them up whenever. No problems with chipping since its enamel I just wanted a fresh coat. They hadnt been painted in about 4 yrs.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

Sweet, gotta check that out. I was gonna just do high temp but didn't want to try to spray them

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, gotta check that out. I was gonna just do high temp but didn't want to try to spray them

Ya trust me this is way easier and when it dries it's such a solid paint. Just take your time doing it and clean em up real good before you start. The first coat or 2 will be pretty light so don't get discouraged. After those dry and you start on the other coats it will fill in nicely. They have it in several colors I can't remember if I got it at Advanced or Autozone but it was less than $20 and will probably do 4+ cars with the paint they give you.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya trust me this is way easier and when it dries it's such a solid paint. Just take your time doing it and clean em up real good before you start. The first coat or 2 will be pretty light so don't get discouraged. After those dry and you start on the other coats it will fill in nicely. They have it in several colors I can't remember if I got it at Advanced or Autozone but it was less than $20 and will probably do 4+ cars with the paint they give you.

Cool, I will look at doing this real soon. Got any pics of how they look? Never mind, i saw your album, looks good.

I washed and re-oiled my K&N drop in.

Last edited:

HoeRoller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the new quick stops on! 4 new rotors, creamic pads and a set of e-brake shoes. FYI all: if your looking on ebay, I found the full set-up cheaper in pieces than in a full package.

Attachments

• 2011-04-09 13.23.18.jpg
    2011-04-09 13.23.18.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 2011-04-09 13.23.29.jpg
    2011-04-09 13.23.29.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2011-04-09 15.34.04.jpg
    2011-04-09 15.34.04.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 2011-04-09 15.34.15.jpg
    2011-04-09 15.34.15.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 27

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed her and my new 22's :)

img0074vv.jpg

I like that!

gave her a deserved wash.

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00877.jpg
DSC00882.jpg

I like that too.

Got the new quick stops on! 4 new rotors, creamic pads and a set of e-brake shoes. FYI all: if your looking on ebay, I found the full set-up cheaper in pieces than in a full package.

I noticed that as well. I had a set of pads & slotted/drilled front rotors on my watch list for months at less than $90 shipped, but when I went to buy them, I noticed that all the prices have gone way up. What did you get your fronts for?

cleaned the SHIT out of it. Inside and out.

latest1.jpg
latest2.jpg
latest3.jpg

Lookin' Good!

I finally did the Sea Foam thing. No noticeable differece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yukoniskillingme