What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive not been a fan of any type of rubber lines put on a trans line to repair it. ever since a friends 77 impala burned to the ground in my driveway back in HS.

the lines need to be flared so the clamp has something to hold on to or the hose can slide right off. or the heat just blows through the hose. even reinforced hose.

good old double flair and unions work best, but ive used compression fittings on everything for years with out a issue ever.

in a case like yours where you had a rub through, id cut the line at the break, clean the ends toss a fitting on it and call it a day.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
ive not been a fan of any type of rubber lines put on a trans line to repair it. ever since a friends 77 impala burned to the ground in my driveway back in HS.

the lines need to be flared so the clamp has something to hold on to or the hose can slide right off. or the heat just blows through the hose. even reinforced hose.

good old double flair and unions work best, but ive used compression fittings on everything for years with out a issue ever.

in a case like yours where you had a rub through, id cut the line at the break, clean the ends toss a fitting on it and call it a day.
Hopefully my buddy can save it.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully my buddy can save it.

Those lines are super close, I knocked them out of the clips that are further back when doing the lift and they rubbed once the steering was back together.

No slipping sounds promising, hopefully just needs some fluid and a line repair like Scott said.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Those lines are super close, I knocked them out of the clips that are further back when doing the lift and they rubbed once the steering was back together.

No slipping sounds promising, hopefully just needs some fluid and a line repair like Scott said.
How'd you fix yours? Just put them back in the clips? Good thing you noticed when you did, not like me.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank God no. She said it was shifting fine. It was just some trans fluid, but she was almost 45 mins from home, so you know what would've happened if she tried to drive it home.
Did u have clamps on the lines?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925