What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Coooool...

Thanks to all for the tips and ideas for future projects. Cool stuff.

I just purchased a 2005 GMC Yukon SLT; black 'n' tan; 93k. The power steering was whining so I had a friend replace it. The bearing was shot. Funny, the new one is not much quieter.

Then, today I pulled the intermediate steering column and filled it with grease. No more knock in the steering. :) I hope that does not come back and bite me in the arse. Some of the forum threads said to replace it. Let me know if I am headed for trouble. :boxed:

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mark

Today i worked on the super nintendo im fiberglassing into my center console. Once its done ill post a thread hahaha

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great Midget! So the game goes straight into the center console? If so, that's definitely taking it up a notch.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a screw in my driver's rear tire yesterday. I live about 1 - 2 mins away from a Firestone, so I decided to drop it off there. They said they would remove it and repair it if possible and they would inspect my other tires as well and air them up if needed.

2 hours later I get the phone call that it's ready. I pay them the $20.40 for the repair, trust that the work was done (in a hurry) and went about my business.

This morning when I got to work I looked at the same tire and noticed that there was something sticking out from the tire. It looked like the plug or whatever it was that was used to patch my tire with was coming out. This time, I was closer to a Discount Tire. I took it there real quick and told them what the deal was. They came back a little while later and said that they found a screw. I was like, wtf? Turns out they checked the wrong tire and found a screw in my other rear tire. I told them it was the wrong one and they went back and checked the one that had been repaired yesterday. They said it was fixed properly by Firestone, but this "piece" that I saw sticking out was suppose to have been cut off during the repair.

Anyways... Discount Tire did all of the work for free as opposed to Firestone. But this makes me wonder... did Firestone lie about checking all of my tires, or did I really pick up a new screw from the 2 min drive home from the shop yesterday, and then the 10 minute drive to work. It's always possible, but it makes me wonder about Firestone.
dont fret too much. its highly possible. and with firestone always trying to upsale, i'd be willing to bet they checked the other tires at least visually glancing at them to try to see if they could sell you a few more 20 dollar repairs. also, the piece of the plug hanging out is not too uncommon for people to fail to trim it off. its supposed to be cut off but theres alot of places ive seen that don't and it will just wear off after several miles of driving. no harm. it should have been patched though and not just plugged IMO. next time go straight to discount....they always do them for free and patch and not just a simple plug. if u see how easy a plug is you'd never pay 20 bucks to have another one done.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Just found the killer spot on our trucks for a back up camera!!! Totally stealth and trick, now just gotta find the right camera, time and the balls to do it!! :)

where? i put ours in the gap between the liftgate and the bumper...can only see it if u hunker down and look for it...but works perfectly.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Complained about all the calcium deposits my Jobs sprinkler system dumps on my Denali everyday!

Anyone know a full proof method of removing them EASILY? Vinegar doesn't work for shiet.
Looking for some form of car wash that can soak and remove them..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisydog229