What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s really nasty is when the change is stuck together so bad that you have to soak it in hot water and 409 to get it apart

i consider the $9+ of corroded change the hazard pay,and I dig the esky shifter, ive been searching for one of those or a NNBS for a long time!

Mezzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it’s hard to find, but Zero Smoke is really good for getting smoke smell out. The best place for getting smell out of the HVAC system is to apply whatever your using where the fresh air enters the system. Dryer sheets work well in a pinch.

I didnt have an issue with cigarette smoke,it was smoke free,i used an Ozone machine to get the previous smell it had in it,slight hint of must and gasoline,after 1 hour of Ozone treatment it was crystal clear,then the citrus shampoo and Old Spice came in after the cleaning.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll run the system full blast and spray a small amount in the outside vents. The best place is on the inside air filter if you have one. You can also drill a small hole in the air box and use a small nozzle to spray it in there. You can use some Gorilla Tape or a plastic plug to seal it. The vent clips are useless, since they just mask the smell for a short time

Where does the fresh air enter for the hvac?

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ozone is the ultimate way to go. Depending on the output of the machine you have to be careful, because the high output ones will destroy the plastic. Ozone is what is used to get the smoke smell out of homes that have had fire damage

I didnt have an issue with cigarette smoke,it was smoke free,i used an Ozone machine to get the previous smell it had in it,slight hint of must and gasoline,after 1 hour of Ozone treatment it was crystal clear,then the citrus shampoo and Old Spice came in after the cleaning.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll run the system full blast and spray a small amount in the outside vents. The best place is on the inside air filter if you have one. You can also drill a small hole in the air box and use a small nozzle to spray it in there. You can use some Gorilla Tape or a plastic plug to seal it. The vent clips are useless, since they just mask the smell for a short time
I think you can go in through the drain tube off the A/C. I had watched a video of this recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts