What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nooj

Reaction score
Did u find the Goodridge lines to have plenty of slack after installing??? I keep seeing conflicting info on them being to tight or not enough slack, especially with the centric/stop tech. Ok concerned because I did crank the keys a bit to level the truck and I don't want to have brake hoses that don't have any slack
For my stock Z71, there was not a lot of slack. I think they will be fine at the wheels, just make sure what little slack you have in the front is in the right place. The center rear one seemed the tightest- but that was with one wheel hanging in the air. If you go wheeling (articulate the rear suspension much), or have any lift, I’d probably use the 2” longer ones (same part number, with -2 at the end).

Last edited:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
My brakes before the install were really warn. I honestly didn’t drive it enough to get a feel for the brakes before the swap, so I can’t say how big of a difference they make…
I installed brand new stock pads and slotted rotors when i got the tahoe.I was towing my boat only 2800lbs or so and could tell i was going to die if i had to do any type of emergency braking.At that point i did the 07-14 brake upgrade and it made a huge difference in stopping power and way shorter distance.I feel safe and anyone i have in the tahoe also.I cant imagine how anyone towed 7500 lbs with the stock junk brakes you have to be kidding me.Im sure their were alot of accidents back then and stilll today because of poor braking in these from towing.

Last edited:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Race wheels? Nice lol. They are just 2015 Silverado LTZ wheels decladded and powder coated to match the oem color somewhat. But yeah I love them.
Compared to the 1990's 16" Silverado beaters I had until recently...

Yours would be race wheels! LOL And they do look nice on the truck.

Those old wheels I had would never justify powder coat, that's for sure.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran the new flexible rear ac lines, plumbed everything up, had my buddy recharge it, and I have super cold ac in the front and back of The Beast! My dog and I are happy.

Edit: I just now see the evaporator foam cleaning kit I bought…. So I look up where that ac drain line is and it’s behind the accumulator? The accumulator I just installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson